More Brinda'mour

mrjsbu96

Take a shot at Carolina fans if you want, but you'll also have to explain all those fans dressed as blue seats in HSBC Arena before the Sabres went on their hot streak.

SCSabresFan, I had chills too. I'd have to put the Oilers chant after Game 4 right up there with "Thank You Sabres" as the greatest crowd moment I've heard of.

What a beautiful anthem. It is high time we adopted "American the Beautiful" or "God Bless America" as ours.

Take a shot at Carolina fans if you want, but you'll also have to explain all those fans dressed as blue seats in HSBC Arena before the Sabres went on their hot streak.

SCSabresFan, I had chills too. I'd have to put the Oilers chant after Game 4 right up there with "Thank You Sabres" as the greatest crowd moment I've heard of.

What a beautiful anthem. It is high time we adopted "American the Beautiful" or "God Bless America" as ours.

I'll give all NHL fans a pass for not showing up at the beginning of the season after the lockout. I personally attented five regular season Canes games all of which were after December. By that time the Canes were playing very well and that building was never more than 3/4 full. Of that 75% capacity crowd you have to factor in 5-10% were there rooting for the other team as well. These fans are the very definition of bandwagoners. You watch, even with the Cup and another good team next year Carolina still will be at the bottom of the league in attendance.

No one is taking shots at the attendance in any area at the start of the season, everyones comments are stemming from the lack of support for a team in the Eastern Conference Finals, and the Stanley Cup Finals. Taking a shot at any teams fans early in the year would be unfair with th league coming off a lockout and the supposed New NHL that we were supposed to see that was going to change the game. But by the time the playoffs rolled around, most teams had gained their fan support back and ticket sales were going well (except for some areas, like Carolina)

You seem to be coming off as trying to make every Sabres fan all High and mighty. We shouldn't make negative comments about other teams and their fans, We should love every player no mater who they play for, We should just accept the fact that the team got screwed over by the injury bug and lost a close series and get over it.

We are fans of a team, why can't we make comments about another team and its fans, why can't we not like a player just because they are on another team (and yes, if Jay McKee leaves after being offered a fair offer to return by Regier for more money, then yes I will boo him when he returns, that goes for any Sabre), and iwill continue to be pissed off that we came so close to a SCF birth but had it ripped away after being hit hard by injuries. Its a game, and as a fan, I will continue to support my team and do what I can to show it and hopefully that will help them.

Hey pus...

:) Just kidding.

Hey pal...

Not to constantly defend Carolina, but until I see some evidence to the contrary, I will assume they have sold out their playoff games. When the camera sweeps the crowd, I don't see any empty seats. And they are loud and enthusiastic. Take away the hundred thousand "fans" who creep out of the woodwork in Buffalo when the Sabres win their first playoff series, and I don't see much difference between the fan bases in the two cities.

Besides, like I said, we're all lagging far behind the fans in Edmonton.

P.S. I didn't say you had to love every "enemy" player. I just think it's ridiculous that some fans need to have a player to hate and all it takes for a player to earn their contempt is to score a big goal on us. Hating Rod Brind'Amour is funny. Booing Jay McKee should be illegal, like how in Germany you can't deny that the Holocaust occurred. But I digress.

Booing Jay McKee should be illegal, like how in Germany you can't deny that the Holocaust occurred. But I digress.

Now I hate you. "Hacksaw" Billy Smith was one of the greatest clutch goalies of our time. He anchored a dynasty to 4 cups and 19 straight playoff series wins. He allowed 6 goals total to the Oilers in the finals when they had Wayne Gretzky, Glenn Anderson, Jari Kurri, Paul coffey, and Mark Messier...

God Bless Billy Smith, Mike Bossy, Brian Trottier, Dennis Potvin and all the rest from that team... :)

Archived