After seeing Edmonton go to peices...

PromoTheRobot

I was very worried about playingthe Oilers, but they are showing they are just paper tigers. The Sabres would have taken them, even down five starters. Makes me all the sadder to think this could have been our year if only...

PTR

It's all true, but that is the road to ruin.

It will only be sweeter when we do take it home.

Go Sabres.

I was very worried about playingthe Oilers, but they are showing they are just paper tigers. The Sabres would have taken them, even down five starters. Makes me all the sadder to think this could have been our year if only...

PTR

I disagree. As a Sabres fan I'd like to think we would have beaten them but you can't say that. The Oilers played great in game 1 and could have scored 9 goals if it weren't for Ward. I also thought that EDM carried play for good portions last night but Edmonton is finding out what the Sabres did. Carolina has a great young goalie and they are so opportunistic with their scoring chances. It's clearly Carolina's year but EDM/BUF would have been a much closer series especially when you consider our injuries.

Lets face it, the only reason this series is over is because Roloson is out, If he had not been injured, it would actually be a series instead of the sweep its turning out to be. Carolina needs Ward to stand on his head, and/or the other team to get the injury bug to win games. The Oilers are a beaten team cause they know their chance is very slim, winning a game in the SCF on the back of Conklin or Markanen. If it wasn't for Roloson stepping up at the end of the season, they wouldn't have even had the 8th seed to begin with.

Archived