Who'd Darcy sign?

Alsmith'swave

With all the excitement over the last week, does anyone know which prospects Darcy signed and who rolled back into the draft. There was a June 1 deadline and no wrap-up has appeared anywhere?

The Sabres signed Drew Stafford some weeks ago--he wouldn't have ended up back in the draft anyway, though; he would have finished at North Dakota.

On Thursday, the Sabres signed Dylan Hunter, Mike Card, Michael Funk, and Pat Kaleta.

I don't know about the rest of the 2004 draft. 2005 picks will not return to the draft until 2007.

The Sabres signed Drew Stafford some weeks ago--he wouldn't have ended up back in the draft anyway, though; he would have finished at North Dakota.

On Thursday, the Sabres signed Dylan Hunter, Mike Card, Michael Funk, and Pat Kaleta.

I don't know about the rest of the 2004 draft. 2005 picks will not return to the draft until 2007.

I believe they have until 6/15 to sign Sekera, who is probably the best prospect the Sabres have on the blueline either in juniors, Europe or in Rochester.

I believe they have until 6/15 to sign Sekera, who is probably the best prospect the Sabres have on the blueline either in juniors, Europe or in Rochester.

Blue, isn't Sekera a left wing? See here. Maybe he's going to be a reverse Ruff and move from LW to D?

Blue, isn't Sekera a left wing? See here. Maybe he's going to be a reverse Ruff and move from LW to D?

Sabres media guide and THN's 2006 draft preview both claim he's a D-man. Although HockeyDB is typically very reliable, I'd trust the Sabres to know what position a kid they drafted plays.

Sabres media guide and THN's 2006 draft preview both claim he's a D-man. Although HockeyDB is typically very reliable, I'd trust the Sabres to know what position a kid they drafted plays.

Owen Sound's webpage isn't letting me into the roster section--possibly a Safari problem, possibly an Owen Sound problem. But 21G + 34A = 55Pts in 51GP doesn't look like a D-man to me. You're right on the media guide.

Owen Sound's webpage isn't letting me into the roster section--possibly a Safari problem, possibly an Owen Sound problem. But 21G + 34A = 55Pts in 51GP doesn't look like a D-man to me. You're right on the media guide.

EDIT: Opened up that crappy Microsoft Explorer, and found this: http://www.attackhockey.com/player_viewV2.asp?id=88

He's a defenseman, alright, and with those numbers, needs to be in camp come Autumn.

If he is a D-man, those numbers would explain why THN has him ranked as the Sabres #3 prospect ahead of even Paille. They rank him ahead of everyone but Stafford (well, duh) and Zagrapan.

If he is a D-man, those numbers would explain why THN has him ranked as the Sabres #3 prospect ahead of even Paille. They rank him ahead of everyone but Stafford (well, duh) and Zagrapan.

Just see the edit and relax....

I see you got your draft guide too. I actually care what it says now that the season is over. Although it still aggravates me to see it again how the Rangers traded up right ahead of us to pick Staal. Since we were after a blue liner, I would imagine he would have been our first pick.

Could you guys explain how the rankings work on hockeysfuture.com? For instance, Stafford is rated higher than Pominville, yet Pominville obviously is already with the club, and has been all season. Novotny was called up on a couple different occasions before Clarke MacArthur was, even though they both are centers and MacArthur is rated higher. Some players have a high number rating, but a low letter grade, while some have a mid-low number with a high letter. What's the deal here?

I realize that the Sabres' assessment of talent is different from the writers at hockeysfurture, but does anyone know what they go on to get their ratings? Also, are these ratings pretty reliable, or not really at all. Just trying to get a feel for the site.

Thanks!

They're looking at career potential. They project MacArthur to be a better pro in the long term than Notvotny.

As for the points and letters systems, I didn't look at those, so someone else will have to explain that for you.

Could you guys explain how the rankings work on hockeysfuture.com? For instance, Stafford is rated higher than Pominville, yet Pominville obviously is already with the club, and has been all season. Novotny was called up on a couple different occasions before Clarke MacArthur was, even though they both are centers and MacArthur is rated higher. Some players have a high number rating, but a low letter grade, while some have a mid-low number with a high letter. What's the deal here?

I realize that the Sabres' assessment of talent is different from the writers at hockeysfurture, but does anyone know what they go on to get their ratings? Also, are these ratings pretty reliable, or not really at all. Just trying to get a feel for the site.

Thanks!

The Sabres prospect page was neglected for a long period of time and is now being maintained by someone else. Hopefully they will do a good job of keeping us all informed on the Sabres of the future.

They're looking at career potential. They project MacArthur to be a better pro in the long term than Notvotny.

As for the points and letters systems, I didn't look at those, so someone else will have to explain that for you.

MacArthur is a Regier type player. He isn't really the most gifted player, but, from some of the goals he scored, the kid has lots and lots of skill, but he is a very hard worker. He never quits, and he has the passion and the heart of a champion, already at a young age. I think he was captain on a Canadian junior team and i think had some clutch preformances in the OHL. I'm too tired to look it up now but i think i'm right.

But seriously, Sabres need to sign Sekera. I've heard alot about the kid and all i've heard was positive. I once read recently on a Slovakian web site, that Sekera is projected to be better then Ottawa's Andrej Meszaros... who had 10 goals, 29 assists and was a +34, best in the NHL i think.

love the plate!

Thanks. I bought it around November when I really started to like our team. I mean, I've always loved them, but there was something special about this version, and I could tell way back early in the season.

Archived