Sabres in Seven!

Corp000085

Right on, but first :

"Screw you hockey gods, I'm done sucking up to you! You never gave me diddly in return anyhow!!!"

Right, on to game 6 - I think Carolina might come out thinking they basically got this one in the bag, and it's gonna cost them. Game 7 is game 7, and anything can happen.

I think it is very possible...

Look at it this way: Last night was not the kind of game where the Sabres had no chance to win..in fact they should have won....which showed me at least they have the ability to skate well in Carolina, and create odd man rushes against the Canes D...so why not? I think it can happen.....

Now if they lost 3-0 last night and were lifeless, I would feel differently about it.

No matter what happens, this has been one heck of a season, one I will never forget as a Sabres fan for almost 25 years.

CM, i agree that this has been one heck of a season... 37 wins and no playoffs to 52 wins and the Eastern Conference Finals. What a swing... However, if the sabres lose, you still feel pretty bad about it. Hindsight will be very kind to this team, no matter what happens, however this is the moment. The sabres are down 3 games to 2 and frank reich just threw a TD interception... get where i'm going???

This is the playoffs, miracles are born... i'd much rather be known as the stanley cup champions, winning against all odds than have the thing given to us... Conversely, i'd much rather be the team that pushed carolina to the brink, rather than the team that gave a small challenge then layed over.

The sabres will win tomorrow, i guarentee it. I'm not joe naimath, chad johnson or mark messier. I'm a fan, but hell, if it iwll get me through today and tomorrow, then so be it. This is where legends are made.

Where can I find out the past playoff history for teams in the NHL?

Namely... Sabres series that went 6 and 7... The only one that I recall coming back from a 3-2 deficit was the Nolan team in 1997 v. Ottawa.

I checked everywhere... But, can't find a breakdown of past series.

They will pull this off, they are do... Also, the Sabres had a bad string of losing game 6's at home and the 7th verses Pitt in 2001...

Again, all I can say is that they are due!

:D

CM, i agree that this has been one heck of a season... 37 wins and no playoffs to 52 wins and the Eastern Conference Finals. What a swing... However, if the sabres lose, you still feel pretty bad about it. Hindsight will be very kind to this team, no matter what happens, however this is the moment. The sabres are down 3 games to 2 and frank reich just threw a TD interception... get where i'm going???

This is the playoffs, miracles are born... i'd much rather be known as the stanley cup champions, winning against all odds than have the thing given to us... Conversely, i'd much rather be the team that pushed carolina to the brink, rather than the team that gave a small challenge then layed over.

The sabres will win tomorrow, i guarentee it. I'm not joe naimath, chad johnson or mark messier. I'm a fan, but hell, if it iwll get me through today and tomorrow, then so be it. This is where legends are made.

Me too... Now all we need is Chris Drury to to the same! Now is the time for bravado! Trust me, hockey players are mental... And it also explains me! :D :D

Where can I find out the past playoff history for teams in the NHL?

Namely... Sabres series that went 6 and 7... The only one that I recall coming back from a 3-2 deficit was the Nolan team in 1997 v. Ottawa.

I checked everywhere... But, can't find a breakdown of past series.

They will pull this off, they are do... Also, the Sabres had a bad string of losing game 6's at home and the 7th verses Pitt in 2001...

Again, all I can say is that they are due!

Me too... Now all we need is Chris Drury to to the same! Now is the time for bravado! Trust me, hockey players are mental... And it also explains me! :D :D

Since that is the only Sabres team (until now) to win a Game 7, that is the only one to come back fully from a 3-2 deficit.

In '73, Buffalo lost in 6 to Montreal.

In '75, Buffalo beat Montreal in 6 and then lost to Philly in 6.

In '76, Buffalo lost to the Isles in 6.

In '80, Buffalo lost to the Isles in 6.

In '83, Buffalo lost to Boston in 7.

In '88, Buffalo lost to Boston in 6.

In '90 and '91, Buffalo lost to Montreal in 6.

In '92, Buffalo lost to Boston in 7.

In '94, Buffalo lost to NJ in 7.

In '97, Buffalo beat Ottawa in 7.

In '98, Buffalo lost to Washington in 6.

In '99, Buffalo beat Boston in 6 and then was losing to Dallas 3-2 when the series was halted.

In '01, Buffalo beat Filly in 6 and then lost to Pittsburgh in 7.

This season, Buffalo beat Filly in 6 and then (hopefully) beat Carolina in 7.

Since that is the only Sabres team (until now) to win a Game 7, that is the only one to come back fully from a 3-2 deficit.

In '73, Buffalo lost in 6 to Montreal.

In '75, Buffalo beat Montreal in 6 and then lost to Philly in 6.

In '76, Buffalo lost to the Isles in 6.

In '80, Buffalo lost to the Isles in 6.

In '83, Buffalo lost to Boston in 7.

In '88, Buffalo lost to Boston in 6.

In '90 and '91, Buffalo lost to Montreal in 6.

In '92, Buffalo lost to Boston in 7.

In '94, Buffalo lost to NJ in 7.

In '97, Buffalo beat Ottawa in 7.

In '98, Buffalo lost to Washington in 6.

In '99, Buffalo beat Boston in 6 and then was losing to Dallas 3-2 when the series was halted.

In '01, Buffalo beat Filly in 6 and then lost to Pittsburgh in 7.

This season, Buffalo beat Filly in 6 and then (hopefully) beat Carolina in 7.

Thanks... Confirmed my suspicions... We are well under the 20%... We are due!

The last time we were in the playoffs we were up 3-2 on Pittsburgh and lost both games in OT. It's our turn to pull that same deal on Carolina. I have nothing but optimism after going to the game last night. We played very well in my opinion and had 2-3 chances to win the game. I don't believe we'll waste those kind of chances again...

The last time we were in the playoffs we were up 3-2 on Pittsburgh and lost both games in OT. It's our turn to pull that same deal on Carolina. I have nothing but optimism after going to the game last night. We played very well in my opinion and had 2-3 chances to win the game. I don't believe we'll waste those kind of chances again...

Ya... But, not in OT for us... How nice it would be to spank the little punks 5-0 and 7-3...

Okay, now I am going way overboard...

:lol:

For the Sabres to win in 7...

Miller has to play better and make the big saves early in the game.

Sabres have to learn how to protect the lead. To see a 3-1 lead disappear within 7 or 8 minutes in the 2nd period is maddening.

Teppo needs to be in the lineup and play 20+ minutes in each game.

Sabres need to stay out of the penalty box and on the other hand, get their PP going.

GO SABRES!!!!!

The series needs to go 7... The Hurricanes need all the paying customers as they can muster!

:blink: :blink:

Hhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm

You might have a point here?

Maybe Carolina rolls over tomorrow to go to a game 7 so that they get the extra money from a game 7 at home. Bettman might be working on this right now.

Hhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm

You might have a point here?

Maybe Carolina rolls over tomorrow to go to a game 7 so that they get the extra money from a game 7 at home. Bettman might be working on this right now.

You know there is only one series that went 7 in this playoffs... Flames v. The Mighty Ducks, way back in the first round... Makes you wonder how a vastly superior team like Carolina is all these problems with a undermanned Sabres team?

;) :D ;)

On another note:

"When one throws salt on your wounds, make margaritas!"

For the Sabres to win in 7...

Miller has to play better and make the big saves early in the game.

Sabres have to learn how to protect the lead. To see a 3-1 lead disappear within 7 or 8 minutes in the 2nd period is maddening.

Teppo needs to be in the lineup and play 20+ minutes in each game.

Sabres need to stay out of the penalty box and on the other hand, get their PP going.

GO SABRES!!!!!

Teppo is the key. He has been mosty of the season, and I for one didn't realize it... He plays, they win. He sits, they're done. Either way it's been one heck of a ride...

Just to confirm: Sabres still in 7

buffalo sabres have never lost games in which they face elimination in the 2006 playoffs. Streak to continue till at least thursday night.

The Sabres have never played a game in which they faced elimination in the 2006 playoffs let alone won or lost. Let's hope they end this season 2-0 in such games.

The Sabres have never played a game in which they faced elimination in the 2006 playoffs let alone won or lost. Let's hope they end this season 2-0 in such games.

Please don't cloud our blind optimism with facts. Unless the facts support our "we will win" theory I will choose to ignore them.

Ok. Twice has Chris Drury faced a 3-2 deficit in the playoffs where his team went on to win the series. In the 2001 Stanley Cup Finals, the Avalanche lost game 5 at home only to win games 6 and 7. In the 2002 Western Conference Semifinals, the Avalanche were down 3 games to 2 to the San Jose Sharks. They went on to win that series as well.

They stated last night that when a series is tied 2-2, the team that wins game 5 goes on to win 80% of the time. That says while "odds" are against us - hope is not lost. 20% of the time the team that lost game 5 goes on to win the series! It can be done, it has been done by many teams. Nothing is over yet. All I have to say is WIN game 6 - one thing at a time. GO SABRES!

I don't see any reason to be worried. We only have to win 2 in a row and that is not to much to ask of any eventual champion.

Time to put away any doubtful feelings and send the Sabres a strong energy vibe to feed off of.

If I had a hundred dollars, I'd bet on a Sabres win tonight. I think they will at least push this thing to Game 7. Drury's leadership at this point will be crucial- the kids are young enough to believe anything is possible plus they now believe that, despite the injuries, they can beat the Canes. Look for Briere and Drury to have a big game (at HSBC, no less).

I always love the stats about how since whenever, a team hasn't come back from some kind of deficit. It's good fodder for the media but really not important. Here's a more important stat- when was the last time they lost 3 in a row this season? right after the the Olympic break and, before that, I think way early in the season. Just looking at the odds and nothing else, a Sabres win makes the most sense.

Look, the team has always responded when adversity strikes. I think they have more in the tank than the media and Canes realize. They will do it without Teppo tonight.

I hope all of you who are going to the game lay it all out too. Be LOUD because the boys will need you.

Archived