Commodore's a Punk

Fallsnative

This guy has been getting on my nerves throughout the series and tonight he just got to me. Luckily he got drilled a few times and more so was put in the box. I am hoping Friday night the hitting continues and the Sabres drill him good. Some Sabres fan attending the game should put on the big red wig, the bathrode, and then top it off with a gaint baby pacifier and bonnet to get the point across.

I was pissed he wasn't called for the dive, but once he started barking at the ref about the "non-call", I wanted to jump on the ice and smack the red off his head...

Commodore<Carrot Top

I said those exact same words ("Commodore is a punk") to my wife last night after watching the dive he took trying to draw a penalty on Brierre.

:lol: That's funny. I also said those exact words during Game 3. He is suck a punk. The hit that sent him on his ass to set up the 4th goal was the highlight of the game.

He's apparently a cult hero in Carolina. Certain fans there dress up in white robes and wear white-fro wigs. Whatever.

How sad, the Canes fans had to rip off the Commodore-eque afro wig from the Flames fans.

Can you say overrated? Sure he's someone you notice but it's not for his mad skills on the ice.

Doesn't anyone remember how Commodore was too fat & out of shape to even play on the Ducks? They left him to rot in Cinci that season (02-03) until he was traded to the Flames farm team.

How sad, the Canes fans had to rip off the Commodore-eque afro wig from the Flames fans.

Can you say overrated? Sure he's someone you notice but it's not for his mad skills on the ice.

Doesn't anyone remember how Commodore was too fat & out of shape to even play on the Ducks? They left him to rot in Cinci that season (02-03) until he was traded to the Flames farm team.

You beat me to it. This dude is very overrated. Before this series, all i heard about is Commodore this, and Commordore that, and how he is very quick and how he is one of the smartest players on the ice, something like Teppo or Tallinder, but with size and speed, and can move the puck and blah blah blah but i've yet to be impressed. The guy is slow, he's not always in the right position. He reminds me alot of Rory Fitzpatrick.

The guy is a bum.

You beat me to it. This dude is very overrated. Before this series, all i heard about is Commodore this, and Commordore that, and how he is very quick and how he is one of the smartest players on the ice, something like Teppo or Tallinder, but with size and speed, and can move the puck and blah blah blah but i've yet to be impressed. The guy is slow, he's not always in the right position. He reminds me alot of Rory Fitzpatrick.

The guy is a bum.

Don't hold back, Briere, tell us how you REALLY feel... :D

Like I said before, I just don't get all the love for Commodore - to me, he's a 6/7 defensmen at best. And the bathrobe/slippers/Ronald McDonald 'do - great, he's colorful. Most of the time, the colorful guys are doing their thing to take attention away from their lack of talent.

Yep. Look at the guy's career stats. He's played for more AHL teams (Albany, Cincinnati, St. John's, Lowell) than NHL teams (57 games with the Devils, 12 with the Flames, and this past season with Carolina) in a six-year pro career. He's a journeyman with a shtick. Big deal.

Archived