Tallinder?

Bmwolf21

I don't doubt the Sabres' heart, but if they put me on defense, we'd really sucked. :)

Lucky for us you're not next in line! :lol: Jillson looks like he can take some more ice time. Lydman had a great game today. With the last change, Lindy can work with the guys he has in the lineup.

I just re-watched the third period.

With 6:06 left, Tallinder retrieved a puck on the half-wall to Miller's right. He backhanded the puck out of the zone, and Recchi (I think) checked him while his left arm was extended (he's a left hand shot). Recchi didn't hit the body, he hit the extended arm.

I would guess sprained wrist or hyperextended elbow. Maybe a broken forearm. Not good.

I just re-watched the third period.

With 6:06 left, Tallinder retrieved a puck on the half-wall to Miller's right. He backhanded the puck out of the zone, and Recchi (I think) checked him while his left arm was extended (he's a left hand shot). Recchi didn't hit the body, he hit the extended arm.

I would guess sprained wrist or hyperextended elbow. Maybe a broken forearm. Not good.

yeah that's a painful injury... hey, are you going to game 5 by the way?

I won't make up my mind on that till friday's game... if we win, i'll go. if we lose, i'll stay. It's just too costly to go again if the trophy is not on the line.

God dammit you guys....

I find this #%^$#! out 2 hrs after the game is over. Mother #%^$#!er. KJDL:skjl;kajf;dklja;sdfjl;asdjf;asjd;fjasdl;jf;asjdf;ljas;djf.

What the #%^$#!.. to win this thing we're gonna really have to do it the hard way aren't we? Can we ever just #%^$#!ing win and have #%^$#! fall our way??? What the #%^$#!??

God dammit you guys....

I find this #%^$#! out 2 hrs after the game is over. Mother #%^$#!er. KJDL:skjl;kajf;dklja;sdfjl;asdjf;asjd;fjasdl;jf;asjdf;ljas;djf.

What the #%^$#!.. to win this thing we're gonna really have to do it the hard way aren't we? Can we ever just #%^$#!ing win and have #%^$#! fall our way??? What the #%^$#!??

In other news, fushetti's semicolon key and number sign key both are out with what his PC will only describe as "upper body injuries."

In other news, fushetti's semicolon key and number sign key both are out with what his PC will only describe as "upper body injuries."

haha. my upper body injury is popping you the middle finger. ;)

Man, i'm just so pissed after being so happy about the Sabres victory. Now Tallinder is out... ughalghd;slakghakl;sdhg;lashdg;shadl;ghasdlkg

Unless they plan to attack Tallinder in the press box, I'm not sure that it matters.

Actually, Paul also mentioned that in Ottawa, Kalinin was seen with ice on his knee, perhaps a ruse for the benefit of the media. He wondered whether the sling was also for media eyes. It doesn't seem possible, does it?

God dammit you guys....

I'd say the "#%^$#!" has fallen our way pretty well so far. 3 7+ goal games, being outshot and winning every time against Ottawa, beating Carolina with 2 replacement D, shutting out Philly...

I'd say the "#%^$#!" has fallen our way pretty well so far. 3 7+ goal games, being outshot and winning every time against Ottawa, beating Carolina with 2 replacement D, shutting out Philly...

And most of those games involved the Sabres having to suffer through and overcome key injuries. Any other team would have folded by now. THAT shows why Ruff is coach of the year. If they are to overcome this latest one, it will be because of Ruff's system and his ability to get the players to execute and believe in it. God I hope Teppo comes back. Timmy- I still think will be a no go on Friday (I don't even think he has participated in full contact practices yet). I am guessing Mair will play- he'll provide a lift but too bad he isn't a d-man.

I love this team and its resiliency. The bar is going to be raised even higher tomorrow.

haha. my upper body injury is popping you the middle finger. ;)

Man, i'm just so pissed after being so happy about the Sabres victory. Now Tallinder is out... ughalghd;slakghakl;sdhg;lashdg;shadl;ghasdlkg

Look everybody, Fushetti can swear in Henrik's native tongue:

ughalghd;slakghakl;sdhg;lashdg;shadl;ghasdlkg - actually means "darn it" in Swedish.

Seriously though, where are we on the depth chart if Rory is now our #4?

yeah that's a painful injury... hey, are you going to game 5 by the way?

I won't make up my mind on that till friday's game... if we win, i'll go. if we lose, i'll stay. It's just too costly to go again if the trophy is not on the line.

Can't make it. I'll be in Chicago for the weekend. Taking my slingbox to ensure that I won't miss the game.

Not sure if I am remembering this correctly...

Didn't Mike Modano in the '99 cup finals also crack his wrist? I could have sworn that happened and people questioned weather he would be ready for the next game and luch would have it (not our luck) he was. Maybe it didn't happen who knows.

All I am saying is... until he is not on the ice Friday night, I am not considering him out. (yes... that truly is glass half full)

Shoot some pain killers in the damn thing and get out there and play!!!!!

Why is it when a Sabre gets injured they are gone for a few games but when I see a Hurricane player get up slowly they only miss one shift??? frustrating!!

It is very frustrating. Campbell lays out Umberger and he is back 2 games later while Connolly is likely out for the series on a similar, but less gruesome, hit.

We were hitting hard and often in that 2nd period, and we lose Henrik in the 3rd. I still don't remember seeing what happened to Teppo in game 1. I sort of remember him skating backwards on a play in the 3rd and kind of falling/collapsing, and then that was it for him in the game. I don't even remember him being hit.

That locker room is looking like a M*A*S*H unit. We are running out of live bodies to throw on the ice, and we are expected to play another 10 or so more games if we want to win the cup? At this rate, we're going to be down to 3 lines and 2 D-pairs.

That locker room is looking like a M*A*S*H unit. We are running out of live bodies to throw on the ice, and we are expected to play another 10 or so more games if we want to win the cup? At this rate, we're going to be down to 3 lines and 2 D-pairs.

Iron Man Hockey, Baby - gotta love the playoffs! :D

You've got to believe that Henrik's injury will probably end up forcing Teppo back in, maybe quicker than usual.

Even still...what a huge game to win. Can you imagine the feeling today if we had blown a 4-1 lead, fell behind in the series 2 games to 1 AND lost Tallinder? Ugh. The game 3 win was huge.

As terrible as the decimated defensive corps is to the team...this would make a great media story for the finals - WHEN they make it. I can already picture the headlines: "true champions and great coaches get their teams through such adversity"

I guess I'm picturing the endless (and annoying) praise of Belichick and his "genius" in fighting through injuries to win the Super Bowl.

How much credit goes to Ruff in juggling these injuries? Personally, I feel coaching (esp hockey) is often overrated.

Will Pominville be this year's Troy Brown playing Off. and Def.???

Did you see the article in the Buffalo News this morning?

"You got to continue to push them," Staal said. "They do have a couple of injuries back there and you got to work their "D,' be physical and wear them down, and hopefully that pays dividends as the series goes on."

Our blue-liners are going to continue to have a bulls-eye's on their backs all game.

Not sure if I am remembering this correctly...

Didn't Mike Modano in the '99 cup finals also crack his wrist? I could have sworn that happened and people questioned weather he would be ready for the next game and luch would have it (not our luck) he was. Maybe it didn't happen who knows.

All I am saying is... until he is not on the ice Friday night, I am not considering him out. (yes... that truly is glass half full)

Shoot some pain killers in the damn thing and get out there and play!!!!!

GREAT MEMORY, Cesna -- you're absolutely correct, although I'd forgotten all about that. There IS hope for Tallinder returning if, in fact, his wrist is broken/fractured. I googled Modano's name with 1999 and wrist, and sure enough there's many contemp. reports on his wrist injury. Subsequent reports -- esp. those arising from the 2006 Turin games (when he was accused of being a prima donna) -- make it more clear that the injury was an actual break of the wrist. Check out the archived link below:

http://www.wtopnews.com/index.php?nid=393&sid=709243

I was so down about the blue line -- but hope is now being restored!

Archived