Teppo Out, Jillson In

PTS

I love conditional statements.

If Teppo doesn't play tonight, Jeff Jillson will dress and not Janik.

This according to Lindy Ruff on WGR. Teppo is skated a bit in the optional warmup. Hopefully he can play.

Geez.... doesn't Teppo have ANYONE up there that can nurse that groin for him??? :lol: Where is Paris when you REALLY need her???

Well, hope he can do a decent job since I haven't seen him at all recently. Seems like: Teppo out = loss, Teppo in = win. But the Jillson does have more game and playoff experience than Janik. Let's just see and hope he doesn't give us heartburn.

Putting Jillson in is very worrisome. The guy did nothing in the AHL the last two seasons to warrant even a sniff of the NHL. Now he is in the lineup. I would just assume dress 5 dmen.

You better have your head in the game Jillson. :angry:

It can't be worse than Janik in G2.

Janik seemed to just grab onto whoever skated into the Sabres zone, albeit, for the 7 minuntes or so that he played. Jillson? Why him, why now? I'm more worried about the panik this move seems to scream, than I am about how he will actually play.

Jillson will be a liability in the Sabres end, but I think he will add some offense from the point. He does have a good shot and we definitely need more shots on Ward. I'd imaging he will get time on th PP.

Jillson will be a liability in the Sabres end, but I think he will add some offense from the point. He does have a good shot and we definitely need more shots on Ward. I'd imaging he will get time on th PP.

Perhaps he'll get time on the power play, and that will leave more 5-on-5 time for Campbell and Fitzpatrick. Maybe they won't get so worn down.

Since we are at home, I am not as worried as I would be if it were in Carolina. With the last change, Lindy can keep Jillson (and Rory) away from Staal & co., and can get Jillson some PP time to keep the boys fresh.

One thing i love about Jillson, and there isn't many things. He is not a good player, but, he does one thing well, his shots are VERY accurate. He doesn't have the shot he was sopposed to have, but it's not often his shots get blocked either. He can toss the puck and it will make it's way to Ward... then it will be up to our guys infront of the net to finish the job. That's the only thing Jillson can do... and if he does it well, he will be a much bigger upside from Janik, because i don't expect Jillson to play all that much either.

One thing i love about Jillson, and there isn't many things. He is not a good player, but, he does one thing well, his shots are VERY accurate. He doesn't have the shot he was sopposed to have, but it's not often his shots get blocked either. He can toss the puck and it will make it's way to Ward... then it will be up to our guys infront of the net to finish the job. That's the only thing Jillson can do... and if he does it well, he will be a much bigger upside from Janik, because i don't expect Jillson to play all that much either.

I appreciate the optimism, but if we need to factor in Jillson as a potential help to our problems in the offensive zone, we are in big trouble.

Since we are at home, I am not as worried as I would be if it were in Carolina. With the last change, Lindy can keep Jillson (and Rory) away from Staal & co., and can get Jillson some PP time to keep the boys fresh.

Exactly. He is an offensive minded defenseman who can man the point.

This is where Darcy's inability to trade for D depth at the deadline will be exposed.

Again, I am still waiting for my answer...

Who moved on deadline day that you would have liked to pick up?

Who would you have given up for him?

I've been waiting since March 9 to hear about this huge deal he missed...

Again, I am still waiting for my answer...

Who moved on deadline day that you would have liked to pick up?

Who would you have given up for him?

I've been waiting since March 9 to hear about this huge deal he missed...

I would have liked to have picked up Carney at the deadline. I'm not sure what Vancouver gave up to get him, but giving up a draft pick wasn't going to cripple the franchise.

Yeah, I'm not so sure who Darcy was supposed to get either?

Who was available that we would have moved one or more of our players for?

We moved Noronen, but was anyone going to trade experienced D for him? Who would you have bundled with Noronen to try to get someone?

I used to be a big Darcy critic, but he's made good decisions this year (and last).

This is where Darcy's inability to trade for D depth at the deadline will be exposed.

We had depth going into the playoffs. Fitz was our 7th D-man. Unfortunately 2 guys have gone down. I don't care which team your talking about in the NHL, when you get down to the 8th or 9th defenseman on the roster, chances are it isn't looking too rosey.

I would have liked to have picked up Carney at the deadline. I'm not sure what Vancouver gave up to get him, but giving up a draft pick wasn't going to cripple the franchise.

Do you really think the Sabres would have 2 $2M 35+ year old defensemen?

I don't neccessarily feel that Darcy can be faulted for not going out and picking up another D-man.

If he were to grab someone who would have played in our top 6, he would have had to part with a young forward (take your pick, from Roy, Pominville, Novotny, Gaustad) and probably a draft pick, which the club has been trying to stockpile, not give away.

Trading Biron or Mikka for a D-man doesn't make sense either. You weren't going to get a Top 6 D in return for Noronen, and if you were going to trade away Biron (which apparently the Sabres weren't that interested in doing) then teams that would have been interested in him (like Edmonton) would have been in contention this season, and would have been unwilling to part with a Top 6 D.

What Darcy can be faulted for is not adequately stocking Rochester with at least 1 veteran defenseman, sort of a tweener type guy that probably should have retired by now, or something like that. Rochester's D had problems all year from what I've heard, and depth was an issue. If Janki, Paetsch and Jillson aren't ready for the NHL yet, then you could have grabbed a guy to play in Rochester, be an on ice coach, and have available in an emergency like this. I dunno...just an idea.

Archived