Teppo Out, Jillson In

PTS

Again, I am still waiting for my answer...

Who moved on deadline day that you would have liked to pick up?

Who would you have given up for him?

I've been waiting since March 9 to hear about this huge deal he missed...

Again, I am still waiting to hear why Buffalo couldn't have traded with Chicago for Spacek. Granted, he was traded in January instead of March, but he was traded for a prospect. I'm not thrilled with him being an UFA, but I definitely think he could have helped the Sabres and could have been afforded at a reasonable cost (in terms of prospects given up to obtain him).

The answer to the question is: Sean O'Donnoll who went to Anaheim for a late draft pick and has played great in their post season.

But that's neither here nor there. Our team is still capable of winning it all. We just need Teppo back really soon and it sounds like Timmy is close too.

http://www.wkbw.com/Story.aspx?preview=&ty...&NStoryID=12274

http://www.nhl.com/news/2006/05/273286.html

WKBW confirms that Teppo isn't playing tonight, and also mentions that Vanek will be scratched in favor of Novotny. NHL.com has the same info. No big shock there; one of the big problems in games 1-2 was the line of Vanek-Roy-Max was ineffective for the most part. (for the lack of a more colorful description)

I wonder how Lindy will juggle the lines. Since Pyatt-Gustad-Pominville has probably been the best and most consistent line 5 on 5, he'll likely keep them and Hecht-Briere-Dumont together, and put Roy back with Drury and Grier, and Novotny will center Max and Kotalik.

Looking at the TOI stats, Janik played just over 4 minutes on Monday, including only one 17 second shift in the 3rd period. Jillson might see a little more time than that; as the NHL.com article and others here mention he will likely play the point on the PP giving Campbell and the other D a rest.

Do you really think the Sabres would have 2 $2M 35+ year old defensemen?

I'm not sure how long Carney is under contract for, but I'd rather have him under contract than Janik, Fitzpatrick or Jillson in a year in which the team looked like it could make a deep run into the playoffs(at the trade deadline).

Archived