Pominvilleeee!

MillerTyme

they keep showing it b4 and after all the breaks on MSG and everytime i have to watch it! what a goal. they said on MSG its only the sixth SH goal to win in OT and only the second by a rookie... last one being in 1954. I wonder if there has ever been series winning goal on the PK... anyone know?

Are you kidding me? Shorthanded, a 4th line rookie beats the best forward on the best team (supposedly) in the Eastern Conference to close out the series? On the road?

Honestly, sometimes I wonder what the hell we're watching here! The only thing I know is that I love it!

Are you kidding me? Shorthanded, a 4th line rookie beats the best forward on the best team (supposedly) in the Eastern Conference to close out the series? On the road?

Honestly, sometimes I wonder what the hell we're watching here! The only thing I know is that I love it!

Alfie didn't get beat on that play. He forced Pominville to a really bad angle move across the net with a D-man there to keep Pominville from doing anything dramatic. Redden totally botched that play.

Alfie didn't get beat on that play. He forced Pominville to a really bad angle move across the net with a D-man there to keep Pominville from doing anything dramatic. Redden totally botched that play.

I think the only way alfie gets let off the hook is if he skated hard. He didn't. He let up and gave JP the op to make that move which was followed by the 2nd mistake. JP should have never have gotten that far.

''I thought I had him under control but he surprised me,'' said Alfredsson. ''He made a great play.''

''I put my head up and I saw it was Alfredsson on defence and I thought maybe I would try and take advantage of him,'' said Pominville.

So Pominville decided to take advantage of Alfredsson. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree with you about Redden Dave, but to me, it makes the play even more unbelievable. Pominville the rookie takes on two of the best Senators with the game and series on the line, and he comes out on top.

It's amazing how much this team has grown up this year. From the beatings that Ottawa gave them to open the season to a 4-1 series win. It's just amazing.

Pominvilles goal ... Number 1 in top plays on ESPN ... thats what Im talkin about!!!!

I'm not sure which is the bigger surprise...

Jason freaking Pominville scoring shorthanded to win Game 5

Buffalo beating Ottawa in just 5 games

ESPN giving hockey the Top Play!!!!!!!!! haha

WHAT A NIGHT!

his goal epitomized the whole series ...I think Alfredsson was shocked by the gall of this rookie trying to do that to him. Their coach pretty much said he was playing the point because it was only Pominville out there. I think the Senators were shocked at the gall of the Sabres thinking they could beat them. That would explain their arrogance. All these teams and media don't realize the Sabres were built during the lockout. Most teams didn't do anything. So the Sabres seem to have come out of nowhere, but it's not true. They're an elite team. Murray should be fired because of this, he didn't have his team prepared. Even last night he was still giving lame excuses. I don't think Carolina will make the same blunder though. They saw it first hand the last game of the season when they had 1st place on the line and we shut thenm out. Should be a good series. Ottawa looks real dumb right now.

Archived