Lindy Ruff, reintroductory press conference 1pm, 4/23/2024

LGR4GM

• LGR4GM changed the title to Lindy Ruff, reintroductory press conference 1pm, 4/23/2024
3 minutes ago, OverPowerYou said:

If I download the Audacy app just for this will it actually work or will it bring me to some national sports show? The app is nothing but trash 

just google wgr550 or if I am around I will post the twitter link

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

3 things need to happen:

1) Ruff gives us some insight into filling out his staff

2) Adams gives us some insight into his offseason plan to build this roster to make the playoffs next season

3) Harrington asks a stupid obnoxious question and Lindy lights him up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

19 minutes ago, OverPowerYou said:

If I download the Audacy app just for this will it actually work or will it bring me to some national sports show? The app is nothing but trash 

It works.  You first download the app. Then you run the app and use “search” for WGR or Buffalo Sabres and it takes you there. It is easy.  

1 hour ago, OverPowerYou said:

Adams and Ruff will meet the media Tuesday at 1 p.m. The press conference will be carried live on the Sabres' Facebook, X, and YouTube channels

Edited by phil_soisson

1 hour ago, OverPowerYou said:

I would be shocked if ti wasn't live on Twitter and FB too. 

A man can dream... That the questioners will have a mic and the presser doesn't go like every other...

Question: mumble mumble ya know obviously drops out mumble would you agree?

Answer: I mean yeah of course.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

3 things need to happen:

1) Ruff gives us some insight into filling out his staff

2) Adams gives us some insight into his offseason plan to build this roster to make the playoffs next season

3) Harrington asks a stupid obnoxious question and Lindy lights him up.

4)  Paul Hamilton asks three questions, thus causing the press conference to run 45 minutes longer than planned.

17 minutes ago, Demoted said:

I hope there is some entertaining questions being asked. 2 year deal is weird as if he is a stop gap... for what I don't know.

The guy is almost 65. I’m sure Terry is tired of paying coaches for not coaching them anymore. Nothing wrong with 2 years.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

I love a 2-year deal.  If things go well, they can always extend.  If they don't, the Sabres can get out without paying a king's ransom.  Most coaches in the prime of their careers wouldn't agree to such a short deal, but Lindy is older, he's made plenty of money, he lives in Buffalo, and maybe he wants to be a "bridge" coach to a younger assistant and only wants to commit to 2 years and then maybe retire.  Or, he's just betting on himself - he could do really well and command a big extension/payday to continue.  If Lindy can change the culture and break the playoff drought in 2 years, then move upstairs into the front office, or retire, I'd be OK with that.  I believe they'll make the playoffs next season.  With Granato, they were not that far off and Lindy is not going to let this team sleepwalk through October, November, and December and the first period of every game.  Even with no roster changes, I think Lindy gets them in as a wild card.  Plus, there will be roster changes....

Edited by msw2112
  • Agree 1

TP: "I'd like to welcome Coach Lindy Ruff back to Buffalo. But before I do that, if you or anyone you know has $500 million lying around then I have a terrific investment opportunity in the Orchard Park area."

Edited by Bangarang
  • Haha (+1) 1

Terry said some stuff but nothing important. Just listing Lindy's history and that he's competitive. 

Adams is talking: he talked to the team, experience was important, he talked to a bunch of coaches. Claims he felt stronger hour by hour that lindy was the right choice. Claims Lindy is the right person for this job and that his connection to the Sabres is just a bonus.

Up next is Ruff