How 'bout everyone just chills....

Eleven

At the beginning of the season, what were your expectations? Bet they were exceeded (for me, they were).

At the beginning of this series, what were your expectations? Bet they were exceeded (for me, they were).

Three more games. One win needed. It's cool.

At the beginning of the season, what were your expectations? Bet they were exceeded (for me, they were).

At the beginning of this series, what were your expectations? Bet they were exceeded (for me, they were).

Lest we forget what happened against pittsburgh in 2001... all was just 'peachy' until lemieux and jagr decided they had a chance... we were well up on that team and firing on all cylinders... lost one game... eh its one game... no big deal... then another and another and another! and that was that... plus losing because penalties weren't called is just plain stupid... theres a big thick rule book... it needs to be followed... why?!?! because its THERE! simple as that.

sorry not upset at you in particular just at how the sabres finished up... or were finished up by the officiating.

Lest we forget what happened against pittsburgh in 2001... all was just 'peachy' until lemieux and jagr decided they had a chance... we were well up on that team and firing on all cylinders... lost one game... eh its one game... no big deal... then another and another and another! and that was that... plus losing because penalties weren't called is just plain stupid... theres a big thick rule book... it needs to be followed... why?!?! because its THERE! simple as that.

sorry not upset at you in particular just at how the sabres finished up... or were finished up by the officiating.

Not by the officials tonight. Pittsburgh, the Sabs were up 2-0, not 3-0. And that team, Buffalo was supposed to trounce. Bruised, tired, missing some key men, the Sabres finally didn't score first and finally let one go by.

In the words of the immortal Kevin Bacon,

ALL IS WELL.

(on edit: Buffalo will do better than Mr. Bacon did in that movie!)

Actually, against PGH we were behind 0-2, then won 3 in a row before losing the last 2.

Rubbish! Expectations are not the point, winning is. Satisfaction with exceeding expectations is not enough for me.

I dont know about anyone else but I didnt like Danny's comment after the game about him being disappointed that the fans were getting on them when they were on the power play. I wouldn't expect a comment like that in a million years from him.

We are your support system. LOVE US AT ALL TIMES! :rolleyes:

Well hopefully history is on our side. There have been only two teams in history that have come back from being down 3-0 in a playoff series and the last time was some 30 years ago.

I dont know about anyone else but I didnt like Danny's comment after the game about him being disappointed that the fans were getting on them when they were on the power play. I wouldn't expect a comment like that in a million years from him.

We are your support system. LOVE US AT ALL TIMES! :rolleyes:

When were the fans getting on them on the Power play?

From where I was sitting the only compliants were being directed where they should have been, at Ottawas extra guys on the ice, the ones wearing their black and white stripped third jersey's

I don't have a problem getting beaten in a game Buffalo got out played in, but the officials spent the game trying to keep Ottawa in it to win by calling everything on Buffalo, and letting Ottawa manhandle the Sabres without a call

A loss in a fair game is not a problem to accept, A loss where the officials are biased, that irks me

And we lost the first two at home to boot.

Exactly right.... which suggests to me that the PGH example is more of a reflection of how hard it is to come back from 2 or 3 games down than it is a portent of doom for the Sabres. Of course, as Buffalo fans, we all tend to place fear before hope... Still, I have a lot of confidence in this team's ability to bounce back.... We'll know on Saturday, I guess.

75' Islanders almost did it twice. They beat Pittsburgh after being down 0-3, then almost beat Phillie, before then it was the forty-something maple Leafs i believe.every thirty yearss ? :P

I did the history also and it worried me... From 1942 to 1975 (33 years) to now (well maybe, 31 years). Going down in odd numbers???

The thing about the Isles in '75... Who would they have ended up playing... Sabres :P :P That is the year the Sabres went to the Cup against Philly... God, I wish the Isles would have pulled the 0-3 trigger twice that year!

The Sabres got to put the Sens in their highfalutin place... I am not trying to be a cassandra... I can't say that doom hasn't entered my mind though.

And Havlat isn't God... Smolinski is... Didn't the Sabres nail him to the cross after proclaiming himself Jesus (see his late third period goal)... :P :P

Archived