Roy diving call

Orange Seats

Old NHL Officiating tonight. Just terrible.

How Max wasn't crosschecked on the pp, I don't know.

If they let the hooks and holds go, we're in trouble. Ottawa has gotten away with lots tonight.

6 min left. come on boys!

As soon as I saw him drop the puck, I knew we were in trouble.

on a side not. Dumont was way to casual on that shot. He took his time and gave Emery a chance to make the save, instead of just hammering it shelf.

The plot thickens. This is gonna be a hairy weekend.

As soon as I saw him drop the puck, I knew we were in trouble.

on a side not. Dumont was way to casual on that shot. He took his time and gave Emery a chance to make the save, instead of just hammering it shelf.

The plot thickens. This is gonna be a hairy weekend.

i think the next game is kinda a must win for us... if we allow ottawa back into this thing were in deep trouble... oh and is this the 35872095 47789 time that tallinder has tipped a puck into his own net... JUST GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!!

After watching the officiating tonight, the non-calls against the Sabres, the only thing that I can think is the NHL wanted this series on Saturday NBC and asked Fraser to make it happen. Hey lets give Ottawa a 5 on 3 and then not call a bunch of trips and cross checks against Ottawa.

After watching the officiating tonight, the non-calls against the Sabres, the only thing that I can think is the NHL wanted this series on Saturday NBC and asked Fraser to make it happen. Hey lets give Ottawa a 5 on 3 and then not call a bunch of trips and cross checks against Ottawa.

That's how I felt last night--and believe me, I'm not the conspiracy guy (read up on my posts)--but tonight, no. The game was well-called, the diving call may have been crap but that's the NHL, and so we move on.

That's how I felt last night--and believe me, I'm not the conspiracy guy (read up on my posts)--but tonight, no. The game was well-called, the diving call may have been crap but that's the NHL, and so we move on.

My issue (and I believe most NHl fans issue) is that why is something a penalty in the first, not in the second, but is a again in the third? (example) No question in my mind that Roy dove, but they've got two guys out there for a reason. One to watch the puck. One to watch the play.

Brad on WGR said Roy clearly dove, which I couldn't tell because I was listening on the radio. So, OK, he dove. But there was an uncalled tripping call wasn't there?

There was a cross check to Max in the back right before the Roy call.

My issue (and I believe most NHl fans issue) is that why is something a penalty in the first, not in the second, but is a again in the third? (example) No question in my mind that Roy dove, but they've got two guys out there for a reason. One to watch the puck. One to watch the play.

Like I said, that's the NHL. Sux sometimes. Sucked bigtime last night.

Like I said, that's the NHL. Sux sometimes. Sucked bigtime last night.

I agree. Although, I am surprised at how bad they've been on simple things like icing. Plus, the far side ref called offsides tonight on a decent rush near the end of the game. Usually if the near side doesn't throw his hand up, the play is good to go.

Fraser gets off on people thinking he's an ass. I'm pretty sure Buffalo is his favorite city in the world. He's like the bitter old man who's not gonna' let some kid tell him what to do.

I hate that we boo the officiating crew when they come out BEFORE THE GAME EVEN STARTS! Do you people know what tremendous coldness it must take to be an NHL referee? It's like taunting your wife into PMS.

I fast forwarded past all the comments. That was clearly a dive by Roy, even though Harry Neale didn't agree.

I have to admit, I agreed with almost all the calls the refs made tonight. THe Sabres were stupid several times.

The Sabres played the whole 1st period like they didn't need to get a goal, instead just not give up a goal.

They are in huge trouble now. Do you think Ottawa will lose again at home?

Then the pressure is really on to win game 6 at home.

I'll say this much, I think the Sabres got better chances than the Sens. Especially tonight. Emery stole the game in my opinion.

I fast forwarded past all the comments. That was clearly a dive by Roy, even though Harry Neale didn't agree.

I have to admit, I agreed with almost all the calls the refs made tonight. THe Sabres were stupid several times.

The Sabres played the whole 1st period like they didn't need to get a goal, instead just not give up a goal.

They are in huge trouble now. Do you think Ottawa will lose again at home?

Then the pressure is really on to win game 6 at home.

I'll say this much, I think the Sabres got better chances than the Sens. Especially tonight. Emery stole the game in my opinion.

i agreed with most of the calls also except for the one that put the sabres down two players. as an official, any time you make that 2nd call it either should be b/c of a loss of a scoring opportunity, intent to injure, or a change of possession, and i don't recall any of those scenarios occuring. luckily OTT did not score, but I really did/do not like the frequency of 5-on-3's that happened this year.

Well what about all of the non-calls when the Sens were being stupid (and potentially injuring guys)?

When I'm skating with the puck five seconds after the whistle and some guy comes up and cross-checks me, I don't know if that's called a dive. I think I move my feet a lot, and people don't realize I'm 5-foot-8 and 180 pounds when I'm going against guys 6-foot-9, 300 pounds. You're going to fall once in a while, and people don't realize that.

That being said, Roy did embellish unnecessarily. He'll have to get that retarded move out of his arsenal if he wants to continue growing as a player.

The non-calls were the issue.

PISS POOR officiating last night. Zero consistantcy the past two games. If you want to call mickey mouse shlt, fine call mickey mouse shlt. Just do it consistantly. 5 on 3 two games in a row for the Sens?? No call on an obvious cross check to Max, one linesman calling offsides while the other claims it is good. Linesman getting in the way of about 20% of sabres clearing attempts. Teppo should have just punched that linesman in the face last night for running into him. Brutal.

PISS POOR officiating last night. Zero consistantcy the past two games. If you want to call mickey mouse shlt, fine call mickey mouse shlt. Just do it consistantly. 5 on 3 two games in a row for the Sens?? No call on an obvious cross check to Max, one linesman calling offsides while the other claims it is good. Linesman getting in the way of about 20% of sabres clearing attempts. Teppo should have just punched that linesman in the face last night for running into him. Brutal.

just as i pointed out in another thread, had temppo done that he would have been punching a good, local boy who made it big. tim nowak is a linesman and is from buffalo. that does not need to mean he is rooting for buffalo, but i have an idea that maybe he did not do it on purpose....

just as i pointed out in another thread, had temppo done that he would have been punching a good, local boy who made it big. tim nowak is a linesman and is from buffalo

That makes it even worse. A local boy playing the sixth man on the ice for the Sens, how heart warming.

Archived