Roy diving call

Orange Seats

just as i pointed out in another thread, had temppo done that he would have been punching a good, local boy who made it big. tim nowak is a linesman and is from buffalo. that does not need to mean he is rooting for buffalo, but i have an idea that maybe he did not do it on purpose....

It was frustration...Nothing more, nothing less. It's like kicking your cat the 4th time it almost trips you by getting underfoot. It's not the cat's fault, but GET THE HELL OUTTA MY WAY!

I thought it was a pretty classless move by Teppo. I was actually shocked. My first thought was that he could be suspended for it, then I remembered this is the NHL. Shove an official in the NFL? You're gone.

It goes to the frustration level of the players and fans in the third, which seemed inordinately high given the Sabres were down just a goal and still leading the series 3-0. Briere's comments after the game about the crowd certainly weren't heartening.

I won't go so far as to use the "c" word, but I don't think there's any doubt the collar has started to tighten just a bit.

I don't care if they were right or wrong to boo the PP. Shut your mouth and give them a reason not to.

The crowd was, and almost always would be, wrong to boo this team, this year, for ANYTHING...But the same goes for this team saying anything about the fans in Buffalo this year.

They've both been amazing.

Briere has a tendency to flap his gums in the lockerroom, I've noticed. Maybe he was just upset at himself over the lovely drop pass to Ingrid right in front of Ryan Miller. Holy jumpin'!

I think he's just emotional. Max is the same way, but he expresses it differently. Like last night when he put his hands on his helmet after missing the open net. I've heard people rip on him for that, but to me it just shows that he cares...A lot.

I thought it was a pretty classless move by Teppo. I was actually shocked. My first thought was that he could be suspended for it, then I remembered this is the NHL. Shove an official in the NFL? You're gone.

It goes to the frustration level of the players and fans in the third, which seemed inordinately high given the Sabres were down just a goal and still leading the series 3-0. Briere's comments after the game about the crowd certainly weren't heartening.

I won't go so far as to use the "c" word, but I don't think there's any doubt the collar has started to tighten just a bit.

Get off your High horse with all this classless crap. What should he have done? Said excuse me and waited for the linesmen to move out of the way. This is the playoffs and the game was being played by the officials. The officials were having a problem all night (and in some previous games of the playoffs this year) getting out of the way of the puck.

I am surprised that there has been no talk about suspension, cause thats what I first thought after i finished cheering the hit.

Like I have said in many posts before, I don't remember hearing fans booing the sabres at all last night

GGM, I have a cat like that too! It's a complete idiot.

That ref knew he was in the way. I didn't see that as a big deal. When a guy like Teppo who has been in the league for 20 years shoves you out of the way, it's different than if an arrogant rookie does it. Teppo has some respect from the officials, and I would imagine he'll have a laugh about it with the ref next time.

About the Roy thing, the one thing I will say about his embellishment is that there probably would have been no call at all if he tried his best to stay on his feet. His point is valid, the whistle went plenty early, and he gave up on the play. The Sens guy took a free shot. I HATE THAT KIND OF CRAP!!!!

I saw a Sens guy hit a guy after an icing too, when the Sabres guy was well ahead of him. That's BS Flyers hockey, I thought the Sens were a "classy" organization.

The refs call a tap on the shins with the hockey stick an interference penalty, but a full body check on a player who has eased up after a whistle....no problem. That's crap. I can see what Roy's mentality was.

How about this for an answer. The Sens guy still gets the penalty for hitting after the whistle, and Roy gets like a yellow card in soccer. He gets a warning. The ref sits Roy for 2 minutes, but the team isn't penalized. You get two yellows or warnings, and then it's a penalty. Really, there was a penalty on the play, he just wanted to make sure it got called, I don't think that warrants going short-handed.

Get off your High horse with all this classless crap. What should he have done? Said excuse me and waited for the linesmen to move out of the way. This is the playoffs and the game was being played by the officials. The officials were having a problem all night (and in some previous games of the playoffs this year) getting out of the way of the puck.

I am surprised that there has been no talk about suspension, cause thats what I first thought after i finished cheering the hit.

Like I have said in many posts before, I don't remember hearing fans booing the sabres at all last night

it has nothing to do with a high horse my friend. if you have ever played the game, players know that officials are part of the game. if nowak (the buffalo-born lineseman) stays long the boards then he gets creamed by the dump-in. so, he moves off to try and avert that shot.

i think what the prior post was trying to say is that it was not necessary for temppo to get his stick up. again, these guys don't get in the way on purpose, and i imagine if there was a way to officiate the game w/o being on the ice they would rather do so

Interesting how the perspective changes when it's a Buffalo player who does something. I've never been that kind of fan. I always try to call it like I see it. Can you imagine if Chara had shoved the linesman?

Do you know who the most powerful people at a sporting event are? The couple hundred out of 19,000 who boo. They get to represent the entire crowd. "THE FANS" booed the team. It really doesn't take that many people to make it sound like a lot are booing.

life is a bitch, and most of the time you don't get a reacharound. So, we just got to do we got to do. This in mind, the sabres have to fight through bad calls like a lot of teams do.

As an athlete, i have been screwed royally by some bad officiating while throwing javelin, or getting out of the blocks at the start of a race. All I can do is come back the next event and next week and do my best.

Sabres fans, don't worry about the loss. This series will be yours, whether Emery or Hasek shows up.

Here's why:

1) In typical Sens playoff fashion, the Senators could only play well when they were either tied or winning. On the very brink of getting eliminated, they allowed themselves to get outshot 16-1 at one point during the 2nd period.

2) Additionally, they got to play with two extra players than Buffalo had on the roster last night: Their names were Kerry Fraser and Eric Furlat. They were both wearing Zebra themed uniforms. These guys put all their heart and soul into the game and were key on pinching the boards a few times to maintain Senators puck possessions, running a hero like pick on Teppo Numinen, and using the shiny new whistles the Sens apparently bought them for the game. These refs will presumably not get to be on Ottawa's roster for Game 5, 6 or 7. If they are, Buffalo will now remember they're 2-players short and adjust accordingly.

3.) The bad ice that Alfredsson complained about after Game 3 was apparently not a factor during the 1st period and some of the 3rd period in Game 4 but I'm pretty confident that the ice will be bad for the Sens in all 3-periods should the series go to 6-games. Then the Sabres can pull out their secret blade treatment thereby allowing them to skate circles around the Senators.

4.) Emery had an unusually successful night in the net last night. He cannot be counted on to do this consistently.

5.) As far as the Sens psyche goes, last night's win should reinstall a portion of the incessant arrogance that helped them lose games 1, 2, and 3.

6.) Even on the brink of elimination, the Sens might actually be stupid enough to put Hasek in net after a 3-month absence. If he goes in you can almost guarantee that after allowing 2 or 3 goals he will claim to get "injured". This in fact will probably be the most likely scenario. Its a complete setup for providing the Senators with the 2006 NHL Award for Best Excuse for Getting Eliminated. It also provides the fuse to fire Murray for making a questionable decision to start Hasek.

Sabres fans, don't worry about the loss. This series will be yours, whether Emery or Hasek shows up.

Here's why:

1) In typical Sens playoff fashion, the Senators could only play well when they were either tied or winning. On the very brink of getting eliminated, they allowed themselves to get outshot 16-1 at one point during the 2nd period.

2) Additionally, they got to play with two extra players than Buffalo had on the roster last night: Their names were Kerry Fraser and Eric Furlat. They were both wearing Zebra themed uniforms. These guys put all their heart and soul into the game and were key on pinching the boards a few times to maintain Senators puck possessions, running a hero like pick on Teppo Numinen, and using the shiny new whistles the Sens apparently bought them for the game. These refs will presumably not get to be on Ottawa's roster for Game 5, 6 or 7. If they are, Buffalo will now remember they're 2-players short and adjust accordingly.

3.) The bad ice that Alfredsson complained about after Game 3 was apparently not a factor during the 1st period and some of the 3rd period in Game 4 but I'm pretty confident that the ice will be bad for the Sens in all 3-periods should the series go to 6-games. Then the Sabres can pull out their secret blade treatment thereby allowing them to skate circles around the Senators.

4.) Emery had an unusually successful night in the net last night. He cannot be counted on to do this consistently.

5.) As far as the Sens psyche goes, last night's win should reinstall a portion of the incessant arrogance that helped them lose games 1, 2, and 3.

6.) Even on the brink of elimination, the Sens might actually be stupid enough to put Hasek in net after a 3-month absence. If he goes in you can almost guarantee that after allowing 2 or 3 goals he will claim to get "injured". This in fact will probably be the most likely scenario. Its a complete setup for providing the Senators with the 2006 NHL Award for Best Excuse for Getting Eliminated. It also provides the fuse to fire Murray for making a questionable decision to start Hasek.

:lol: .... ahhh the art of satire at its best

The fans were booing Fraser, and you can see that because the next chant was "Fraser Sucks!"

The fans were booing Fraser, and you can see that because the next chant was "Fraser Sucks!"

Dam, I was trying to figure out what the hell everyone was saying. It sounded like "Sabres Suck", which made me scratch my head a little.

Dam, I was trying to figure out what the hell everyone was saying. It sounded like "Sabres Suck", which made me scratch my head a little.

The booing of the Sabres that I was referring to was in the 1st period during two pretty poor looking power plays.

There wasn't a ton of booing, but it was enough to be noticed.

The booing of the Sabres that I was referring to was in the 1st period during two pretty poor looking power plays.

There wasn't a ton of booing, but it was enough to be noticed.

My personal favorite was once again all the "shoot it" comments. It didn't matter if someone was in the shooting lane or even what direction the puck carrier was moving in. I think if the Sabres have earned anything this year, it should be a little credit on the PP from the fans.

My personal favorite was once again all the "shoot it" comments. It didn't matter if someone was in the shooting lane or even what direction the puck carrier was moving in. I think if the Sabres have earned anything this year, it should be a little credit on the PP from the fans.

If only the real fans had a MUTE button for the clowns. Actually, I'm pretty sure there are people in all aspects of people's lives that they'd like to mute.

Are you listening JPL? :D

If only the real fans had a MUTE button for the clowns. Actually, I'm pretty sure there are people in all aspects of people's lives that they'd like to mute.

Are you listening JPL? :D

I was at a game a couple years ago where the guy behind me got sick of everyone yelling shoot it, so he started yelling it anytime someone touched the puck. It was pretty funny when Marty was playing the puck behind the net and the guy is yelling "COME ON, SHOOT IT!"

I was at a game a couple years ago where the guy behind me got sick of everyone yelling shoot it, so he started yelling it anytime someone touched the puck. It was pretty funny when Marty was playing the puck behind the net and the guy is yelling "COME ON, SHOOT IT!"

I'm no (social) Conservative, but Limbaugh said it best by describing such things as: "Demonstrating absurdaity by being absurd." Sometimes people need a frying pan over the head before they realize how dumb they are acting.

In a related matter, my wife and I are looking for a new set of frying pans. Ours are all warped.

Unfortunately, Fraser took the Sabres and the fans off their game.

But, HAVE ANOTHER DONUT YOU FAT PIG could not do that tonight.

Archived