Fixing the Offense

GASabresIUFAN

2 hours ago, Pimlach said:

This is sad and it is a joke.  But the Sabres cover it like it is good news.  

Granato said "Clifton's Dad set the tone" referring to his speeches on going to the net and dirty goals. 

Every coach avoids the hockey Dad who thinks he is a coach and tells the players how to play.  Except for Don Granato.  

I really want to see this coach and his staff removed.  

I don't have a problem with his dad coming in. There are lots of teams that let different people speak before games. It's just a rah rah go thing . The problem I have is why this "tone" hasn't been set from DAY 1 when Granato was hired. This is common sense simple hockey, no more no less. It should not be something the team needs to work on at this stage.

Cliffy's dad is just like us. He's watching this crap and thinking wtf is wrong with these guys? Yells at the tv like the rest of us. "Go to the net" is not rocket science. 

• Like (+1) 4

25 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I don't have a problem with his dad coming in. There are lots of teams that let different people speak before games. It's just a rah rah go thing . The problem I have is why this "tone" hasn't been set from DAY 1 when Granato was hired. This is common sense simple hockey, no more no less. It should not be something the team needs to work on at this stage.

Cliffy's dad is just like us. He's watching this crap and thinking wtf is wrong with these guys? Yells at the tv like the rest of us. "Go to the net" is not rocket science. 

Agree with you.  Dad and Moms should get support and respect.  Not problem with them participating in the rah rah.  I like that part. 

My concern is the look since it’s a youth hockey type of thing that Mr Clifton preached for two games.  This team doesn’t get that forced into their game from the current coaching staff.  It looks bad to me. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 2/24/2024 at 6:04 PM, Pimlach said:

I like Stephenson but you’re giving a C to an outsider.  
Benson will beat out Robinson.  He needs to be upgraded. 
Krebs needs to be upgraded. 

An outsider who has 2 cups and 3 finals.

Who on our team has the stones to lead?

Edited by seer775

11 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Agree with you.  Dad and Moms should get support and respect.  Not problem with them participating in the rah rah.  I like that part. 

My concern is the look since it’s a youth hockey type of thing that Mr Clifton preached for two games.  This team doesn’t get that forced into their game from the current coaching staff.  It looks bad to me. 

I agree, but on the other hand...................maybe it worked. 

• Agree 1

I really hope we can somehow get Skinner for Couture to happen from both a slight shakeup in the core as well as a cap play as well.

To make it simple Couture moves Mitts to C2 and Cozens to the 1LW/RW and coupled with Tuch could make for quite a forechecking nightmare. 

But cap wise it has major implications 

Couture is 1 mil cheaper than Skinner and has potential to be a buyout candidate still after next season with cap hits of 3.1,4.1,2.1,2.1 if he’s bad or LTIR fodder if he’s too injured to play. 

Lastly if he plays well and fully recovers we can use that to help leverage a different move without destroying our group because Peterka or Quinn May out pace our cap space but a vet would be on the 3rd line waiting for one of our prospects to join him.

Plus anyone who has ever watched SJ games knows that Couture is not a wallflower on the ice

3 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

I really hope we can somehow get Skinner for Couture to happen from both a slight shakeup in the core as well as a cap play as well.

To make it simple Couture moves Mitts to C2 and Cozens to the 1LW/RW and coupled with Tuch could make for quite a forechecking nightmare. 

But cap wise it has major implications 

Couture is 1 mil cheaper than Skinner and has potential to be a buyout candidate still after next season with cap hits of 3.1,4.1,2.1,2.1 if he’s bad or LTIR fodder if he’s too injured to play. 

Lastly if he plays well and fully recovers we can use that to help leverage a different move without destroying our group because Peterka or Quinn May out pace our cap space but a vet would be on the 3rd line waiting for one of our prospects to join him.

Plus anyone who has ever watched SJ games knows that Couture is not a wallflower on the ice

Skinner is three years younger, has more points, better offensive metrics and a full NMC. 
Although Couture has better defensive numbers, Skinners Offense are much, much better. 
He enjoys playing close to His Family and Friends, moving to North California isn’t high on his list. 
Couture has a M NTC and besides being a Bills a fan from the GTA, there is no indication playing for the Sabres on his list. 
Morgan Reilly and Mitch Marner are huge fans of the Bills as well, doubt the Sabres are on their radar either. 

Hell Detroit HC Derek Lalonde is the biggest Bills Fan in the league, I doubt working for Pegula is high on His List unfortunately 

13 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Skinner is three years younger, has more points, better offensive metrics and a full NMC. 
Although Couture has better defensive numbers, Skinners Offense are much, much better. 
He enjoys playing close to His Family and Friends, moving to North California isn’t high on his list. 
Couture has a M NTC and besides being a Bills a fan from the GTA, there is no indication playing for the Sabres on his list. 
Morgan Reilly and Mitch Marner are huge fans of the Bills as well, doubt the Sabres are on their radar either. 

Hell Detroit HC Derek Lalonde is the biggest Bills Fan in the league, I doubt working for Pegula is high on His List unfortunately 

Yeah, I know; we are trapped with the one trick pony that does little outside of when he's hot.

3 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Yeah, I know; we are trapped with the one trick pony that does little outside of when he's hot.

TBH I think He was concussed and is still experiencing the after effects. Same with Tage and His Hand. That whole line is out of sync this year. 

14 hours ago, Brawndo said:

TBH I think He was concussed and is still experiencing the after effects. Same with Tage and His Hand. That whole line is out of sync this year. 

His passing has been off most of the year.  That might be the cause.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.