GDT: Stars @ Sabres - Tue Feb 6, 2024, 7:00 pm ET MSG, ESPN+ BSSWX ๐Ÿ“บ WGR ๐Ÿ“ป

Spoonman

The Sabres played a strong 19 minutes, then almost blew it in the final minute. ย 
ย 

Other than the bad penalty and the worse PK, the Sabres are dominating. ย 
ย 

More traffic in front is needed. ย 

• Agree 1

Power had a solid period until the last 2 shifts.

A screened goalie is the difference thus far. The Sabres couldn't beat Oettinger clean, while the Stars got a lovely EJ screen and their other best chance was a deflection.

Keep forechecking, and now add the wrinkles of going to the net, or waiting for a screen before you shoot.

Power needs a couple games in the Press Boxโ€ฆ Granato talks accountability but doesnโ€™t seem to apply to our core players.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Slack_in_MA said:

I really don't think he wants to be here. He sure doesn't play like it.

I don't think that's it. Defensemen often develop slowly, and I don't think he's getting the coaching he needs. He was really good for big chunks of last season, he's just regressed badly this year...like much of this team.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Believer said:

Compared to the snipers in the All-Star games, our shooters are awfulโ€ฆ Girgensons shoots over the net at an open corner from 15 feet in the slotโ€ฆ No poise.

Thatโ€™s the challenge. We have Skinner, JJP, and Tage as the only snipers (and Tage is having a down year).
ย 

We have several good players but they arenโ€™t sharp shooting goal scorers.
ย 

I really would like to see Kulich added to the Casey-Greenway line now or near the end of the year - last 15-20 games - Instead of Okposo.ย 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.