Captain Kyle Okposo: Team Bonding Trip to NY Jets Game

LGR4GM

Kyle Okposo and his wife organized a team bonding trip to the Jets game. 

https://theathletic.com/4874752/2023/09/18/kyle-okposo-buffalo-bills-sabres-culture/?source=dailyemail&campaign=601983

“I wanted to get us together so that when we hit the ground running in camp there wasn’t a bonding process that needed to happen,” Okposo said. “When we hit camp, it’s full go. The last few years have been about building bonds, setting a foundation and finding our identity throughout the season.”

Okposo said the Sabres sent a group of 34 people that included almost every member of the team along with some of the wives and girlfriends. Everybody found their own way to New York and stayed at the same place. Okposo bought the tickets and he and his wife, Danielle, found a company to set everything up for the team tailgate before the game.

He's the heartbeat of this team. He's not the Captain we deserve but he's the one we need right now. Best Captain since perhaps 2007

• Like (+1) 8

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

https://theathletic.com/4874752/2023/09/18/kyle-okposo-buffalo-bills-sabres-culture/?source=dailyemail&campaign=601983

He's the heartbeat of this team. He's not the Captain we deserve but he's the one we need right now. Best Captain since perhaps 2007

He's one of my all-time favorite Sabres!  He proves that talent isn't only measured in goals and assists.

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, inkman said:

I wonder how a soul crushing loss like that would affect professional athletes who may or may not be Bills fans.  

Girgensons said the team left the game early to be able to avoid getting stuck in the traffic jam leaving the stadium.

Pretty sure they were back watching in the hotel by the time the wheels had completely fallen off.

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Girgensons said the team left the game early to be able to avoid getting stuck in the traffic jam leaving the stadium.

Pretty sure they were back watching in the hotel by the time the wheels had completely fallen off.

A few (Tuch fer sher) were at Highmark to see the wheels come back on and run over the Raiders. 

• Like (+1) 1

Let’s hope there are no brawls or fights that break out! 😬

Crazy all the fights. Don’t understand. I’ve seen more melee’s since the preseason this year than I remember over the past 30 years. That near brawl at the 49ers game was terrible. It’s a problem the NFL has to address. 

A fan in New England fell and hit his head after getting punched and died Sunday night! Just awful. 

Really glad there's this great story of leadership and team bonding and the responses are essentially: the Bills lost so I bet the trip was demoralizing and hope none of the team was punch and killed. 

Glad we have a team that gives a *****. The rest here is just noise. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

20 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Well said. He is the perfect embodiment of what Adams wants the culture to be. There is an interview from the end of last season where Greenway just gushes over the quality of person Okposo is and his reputation. 

14 hours ago, FrenchConnection44 said:

Let’s hope there are no brawls or fights that break out! 😬

Crazy all the fights. Don’t understand. I’ve seen more melee’s since the preseason this year than I remember over the past 30 years. That near brawl at the 49ers game was terrible. It’s a problem the NFL has to address. 

A fan in New England fell and hit his head after getting punched and died Sunday night! Just awful. 

It's the times we live in. When they inevitably strike down prohibitions on weapons bans in stadiums, watch out.

On 9/19/2023 at 9:34 AM, LGR4GM said:

He might not be the captain I'd prefer, but as I said, Okposo can finish his career here and I'd not complain.  The same with Z.  Players that don't bitch or capitulate when they could have during the hard long years.  Okie is an amazing person and example for how to do things right as an athlete.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.