Babcock fired as Blue Jackets coach

inkman

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Learn how to spell.

You started the childish name calling with the troll garbage. I am happy to play along.

And no one would have been thrilled had he signed here?

Please, your Honour.

Check your meds. Sounds like you mixed them up this morning. You are even more negative and obnoxious then usual.

• dislike 1

1 hour ago, MattPie said:

It's pretty established that once one person does something like speak up, others will feel empowered to speak up since don't feel like they're alone.

You're not drawing an equivalence between various kinds of abhorrent abuse and an "old school" coach asking to see personal pics in an apparent attempt to get to know his players, are you?

Just now, Flashsabre said:

Check your meds. Sounds like you mixed them up this morning. You are even more negative and obnoxious then usual.

Than.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

And no one would have been thrilled had he signed here?

Please, your Honour.

And if a frog had wings? Would it bump its ass a'hoppin?

As a whole, I think that the fan base absolutely hoped he'd sign here. He was seen as a premier HOF-level coach who would immediately turn around a moribund franchise.

And then he didn't. BOOOOO!

But then he didn't cut it in Toronto. HAHA!

And then he was out of the league. SEE YA!

And then things got freaky deeky weird with Columbus. And he was fired before he even coached a game. COMEDY!

So, no hard feelings on my end based on how things went with the Sabres. And there's plenty to laugh at, cringe at, and shake your head at based on this recent story standing alone.

Edited by That Aud Smell

I think there are two far more appropriate takes on the Babs-n-Buffalo narrative than what @PASabreFan is proffering:

1. Buffalo Sabres fandom ought to be thanking Mrs. Babcock for being snooty and not allowing Mikey to play with us. We avoided an awful lot of additional dreadful theatre thanks to her.
  2. Assuming Babcock did indeed merely use Buffalo to maximize his contract with Toronto, he is now suffering the bad karma he earned by doing so.

The problem with constantly pointing out the failures of the Sabres and weaknesses of the Sabres' fan base is that all teams and fan bases, in time, are prone to the same failures and weaknesses. It's not just us; it's people. We have other issues that are idiomatic which never seem to roll into the discussion and that is because, IMHO, such a discussion would be exceptionally polarizing here on Sabrespace.

Edited by ...
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, MattPie said:

It's pretty established that once one person does something like speak up, others will feel empowered to speak up since don't feel like they're alone.

There's some of that for sure, but there's also a ton of dumping on and joining in.  I mean really, where were the "hockey insiders" when he was first hired by Columbus? Afraid to be sanctioned by the old boys club I guess. 

Babcock's a jerk, deserves to be gone, but I find the piling on a little distasteful and it kind of makes it a little cancel culturey. 

2 hours ago, ... said:

I think there are two far more appropriate takes on the Babs-n-Buffalo narrative than what @PASabreFan is proffering:

1. Buffalo Sabres fandom ought to be thanking Mrs. Babcock for being snooty and not allowing Mikey to play with us. We avoided an awful lot of additional dreadful theatre thanks to her.
  2. Assuming Babcock did indeed merely use Buffalo to maximize his contract with Toronto, he is now suffering the bad karma he earned by doing so.

The problem with constantly pointing out the failures of the Sabres and weaknesses of the Sabres' fan base is that all teams and fan bases, in time, are prone to the same failures and weaknesses. It's not just us; it's people. We have other issues that are idiomatic which never seem to roll into the discussion and that is because, IMHO, such a discussion would be exceptionally polarizing here on Sabrespace.

An interesting counterfactual would be if Babcock has come to Buffalo instead of using the Sabres against the Maple Leafs.  But that is years of Niagara River water under the Rainbow Bridge.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.