Sabres Blue vs. Gold Scrimmage, Sat. 9/23 12PM

LabattBlue

1 hour ago, JustOneParade said:

Was Levi on the good end of the shutout? Anyone with info on how he looked?

Against a mix of NHL’ers who were glaringly playing at 70%, and prospects, Levi played fine for what it was… a no checking scrimmage. And when he played he allowed no goals. When Tokarski went in, he allowed two goals. They were team gold. Team blue won 2-0.

• Thanks (+1) 3

4 hours ago, pastajoe said:

I hate that skaters are allowed to go so slow. There should be a 5 second clock.

Why?…

Goaltender has plenty of time to square up… See the shooter’s eyes… Make the stop… 

Tokarski just didn’t…

Thing of beauty and entertaining to watch.

1 hour ago, Believer said:

Why?…

Goaltender has plenty of time to square up… See the shooter’s eyes… Make the stop… 

Tokarski just didn’t…

Thing of beauty and entertaining to watch.

A game shouldn’t be decided by a play that would never happen during a game. During a game if someone gets a clean breakaway from center ice they have no more than 5 seconds to get a shot off before they’d get caught.

Try having a back checker start from the far blue line and see how quick the shooter has to move.

1 minute ago, pastajoe said:

A game shouldn’t be decided by a play that would never happen during a game. During a game if someone gets a clean breakaway from center ice they have no more than 5 seconds to get a shot off before they’d get caught.

Try having a back checker start from the far blue line and see how quick the shooter has to move.

Shootout attempts are akin to penalty shots, which do occur during games. And penalty shots really don’t resemble breakaways all that much, either. 

1 hour ago, pastajoe said:

I include penalty shots as needing a 5 second clock.

I think 5 is way too quick. Watch a few penalty shots and shootouts on youtube. I think IF that was even something to consider, 7-8 seconds from the time they touch the puck is fair. 

Otherwise the chaser idea has some merit to it.

Personally,  I’ve always thought shootouts to decide a regular season game is lame lame lame.

Edited by Zamboni
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.