Update from Owen Power’s Agent Pat Brisson on an extension

Brawndo

From The Athletic 

On Sanderson’s whopping eight-year deal with the Senators and how it affects Power’s, who has a year left on his entry-level deal with the Sabres.

When you’re a year out with an entry-level player — Jake had another year left under contract — you rarely do a bridge. You do a bridge at the end of a contract. Usually you explore a seven- or eight-year deal if you’re a year out. … First of all, Jake was happy there, sees the future. He likes where the organization’s going, and therefore we went right to eight years, so there’s no question, especially a year out. … We’ve had a few conversations (with Buffalo on Power) and now camp is a week away from now, so we’re going to continue to talk. Of course, Owen and Jake are within similar comps. You always bring a pool of about seven to 10 players, so we’ll see how it goes.

• Thanks (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I get how it all works. And I really like Power. The idea of handing out 8x8 to him right now still short circuits my brain 

Agreed. Eye test wise was not great defensively last year. All young defensemen struggle early on, but 8x8 suggests he's already shown a lot of promise offensively and defensively, and he just hasn't.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.