OT - Retail lines

inkman

44 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

What I see a lot (usually, not but not all the time women), push their car right down the center of the aisle. Stop to look at something...Not enough room to pass them on the left, but with their cart in the middle, they keep on hand on the car and use the other hand to reach for and read the label on something on the right...completely oblivious of anyone else in the aisle or anyone else behind them as their cart and their body becomes a full roadblock.

I find that activity is 100% gender neutral.  I think you notice women more because more of them do the household shopping.  And it is a huge peeve of mine.  Treat a shopping aisle like a roadway, keep right, use the “shoulders” to park and get something.  Grrr.

29 minutes ago, Weave said:

I find that activity is 100% gender neutral.  I think you notice women more because more of them do the household shopping.  And it is a huge peeve of mine.  Treat a shopping aisle like a roadway, keep right, use the “shoulders” to park and get something.  Grrr.

Shopping, in general sucks, because people in general suck.  I shop at Aldi down the street from my house.  At most there are maybe 20 people in the store at any given time, unless it’s a weekend where people are buying party stuff.  Even with theses low numbers, there will be one or two shoppers who seemingly think the store is theirs and everyone else is just a NPC in the background.  I’m usually in a decent mood in these situations. Just got outta work or any weekend in general.  It does amaze me with the obese society we have become, how easily one person can block an entire aisle with their large posterior and a shopping cart. They act incredulous that somehow they are in the way.  

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Weave said:

Could be gender neutral..but the more I think about it, the more I feel it is just about all women that I come across.  I'll add one thing I see the 'guys' doing that is similar....usually people who are 'older': You have a couple walking the aisles shopping, when the women is pushing the cart the 'guy' with her tends to just aimlessly wander, but also not paying attention to surroundings. So in this case it seems the 'woman' is doing the shopping, and the guy is just 'along for the ride' but really walking side by side with the car and looking at everything EXCEPT who else is in the aisle shopping or trying to pass them.

On 8/11/2023 at 11:04 AM, inkman said:

Shopping, in general sucks, because people in general suck.  I shop at Aldi down the street from my house.  At most there are maybe 20 people in the store at any given time, unless it’s a weekend where people are buying party stuff.  Even with theses low numbers, there will be one or two shoppers who seemingly think the store is theirs and everyone else is just a NPC in the background.  I’m usually in a decent mood in these situations. Just got outta work or any weekend in general.  It does amaze me with the obese society we have become, how easily one person can block an entire aisle with their large posterior and a shopping cart. They act incredulous that somehow they are in the way.  

You are in are rare form on these OT subjects and I suspect you are just firing for effect on some of this stuff.  When you get to your mid 60's, like me, you tend to refrain from all these comments about people - at least I do.  Or else you get labeled - today everyone gets a label and gets put in a category.  It is part of the divided and distracted society that we have become. 

You touch on the obesity issue and it is real and concerning.  There is a lot of really bad food out there, filled with sugar and sodium, and the portions are way too big - all designed to get you to buy Brand A Junk instead Brand B Junk.  There is too little exercise for our youth.  Kids don't play anymore, baseball diamonds are either gone or empty all summer long.  Everything kids do is organized by parents - this is bad, no wonder they are slow to learn how to resolve problems with people. 

On 8/9/2023 at 3:34 PM, inkman said:

I’ve reached my breaking point with mother ***** lines at stores or fast food joints. Can people just stand 2-3 feet behind the person in front of them like the good ol days?  I realize COVID had an impact on how we do lines as a society but this was happening long before the pandemic.  

Almost every single time I go somewhere where there is a line, I have to ask the person who is 10 feet away from the next customer if they are in line.  

The lady I got behind at Aldi today was a solid 20 feet behind the customer in front of her.  The cashier from a different line had to tell her to move closer to the rest of the line.  What is wrong with people? 

image.thumb.png.f186fa1d5a7830c0c7448e65f9f78bcf.png

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.