Please post anything you hear on Connolly

nfreeman

I'm watching Shootout right now with Kevin and Rob Ray, and they haven't said anything yet. They're taking calls right now, so someone may phone the question in.

They cut to Ruff's post-game press conference, and I think as they were cutting he was answering a question about Connolly, and I think he said "he feels pretty good". I don't think he's out for the rest of the season, at least.

I hope he is alright but I am concerned with the past head injuries. Possibly they hold him out for the rest of the year for precautionary reasons. I don't want to have another LaFontaine or Lindros situtation. It would be a tough loss for Buffalo but it could become a rallying point.

Yeah, Kevin and Rob just re-iterated that, according to Ruff, Connolly feels pretty good in the locker room, so there is no major concern, yet. And, as you can imagine, the Flyers fans are loving this hit over on their board.

Yeah, Kevin and Rob just re-iterated that, according to Ruff, Connolly feels pretty good in the locker room, so there is no major concern, yet. And, as you can imagine, the Flyers fans are loving this hit over on their board.

Well, I'm loving that The Cryers are out, and I'll betcha five bucks I'm laughing louder than they are :P

Well, I'm loving that The Cryers are out, and I'll betcha five bucks I'm laughing louder than they are :P

The difference here is that the Sabres won the game in which their player got lit up. The Cryers lost their game.

A fact that is probably lost on Cryer fans.

Based on the slo mo of the hit, connolly's head didn't jar forward, didn't jar backwards, and didn't strike the ice.. However, the guy's arm crushed into his face/jaw... Best case: his jaw will be sore, and maybe he lost a few teeth. worst case: he has a broken jaw and/or another concussion.

Basically, if its diagnosed as "upper body injury, return TBA", not too serious... diagnosed as "concussion", we might have seen the last of tim connolly...

And hell, if umberger can play and score a goal, connolly surely can come back.

Based on the slo mo of the hit, connolly's head didn't jar forward, didn't jar backwards, and didn't strike the ice.. However, the guy's arm crushed into his face/jaw... Best case: his jaw will be sore, and maybe he lost a few teeth. worst case: he has a broken jaw and/or another concussion.

Basically, if its diagnosed as "upper body injury, return TBA", not too serious... diagnosed as "concussion", we might have seen the last of tim connolly...

And hell, if umberger can play and score a goal, connolly surely can come back.

Riter was just observing that chances are Timmy's not too bad off, as Lindy does tend to get upset about his players getting hurt. I'm guessing he's comes back sooner than later...

Paul Hamilton is confirming the same. In a locker room interview with Hecht, Hecht sort of slipped up a bit and mentioned that Timmy seems pretty good, then reverted back to saying that the team will see how he is later on tonight.

No one has said ANYTHING about a concussion thus far.

My guess is a stupid shoulder strain, cracked jaw, or wind knocked out/x-rays negative situation... It was a HUGE hit, but it was not a concussion hit for someone without concussion history... COnnolly has the history, but it was not like lindros vs. stevens...

Archived