Sabres announce Jost re-signs a one year 2 million dollar contract

Brawndo

16 minutes ago, French Collection said:

He obviously loved his time in Buffalo to re-sign for less money.

He might spend some time in the press box while Rousek/Savoie/Benson/Kulich get a look.

I still want VO gone. Bring in a vet C who can win a few draws and play on the PK.

Load management for KO and EJ + injuries will give the fringe guys some ice time. Save up some energy for the playoffs.

Be great if the vet C had some decent playoff experience too (and maybe a ring).  D got theirs' now's the time for the forward.

Didnt work out on the PK but he was good at even srength against better lines. Kept knoking the puck off of players stiks and threw some nice passes into the slot.  Hustles and something needs to be said about that. A smart waiver pickup who needs some better linemates.  

Edited by Night Train

I have no problem with this. For all we know he's spending his summer working on faceoffs. He proved to be a team-first guy last season who put in the work with 4th line, maybe 3rd line, skill. Gives him a chance to raise his value and earn a better contract next season either here or elsewhere. Can't dismiss the fact he got along very well with his teammates.

6 minutes ago, ... said:

I have no problem with this. For all we know he's spending his summer working on faceoffs. He proved to be a team-first guy last season who put in the work with 4th line, maybe 3rd line, skill. Gives him a chance to raise his value and earn a better contract next season either here or elsewhere. Can't dismiss the fact he got along very well with his teammates.

What player/s on the team didn't get along with his/their teammates? I don't recall one instance where there was a report or even a rumor of friction in the locker room. 

31 minutes ago, JohnC said:

What player/s on the team didn't get along with his/their teammates? I don't recall one instance where there was a report or even a rumor of friction in the locker room. 

Exactly.

9 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

This is an overpay to make us the same, not better. Since we aren't likely to be spending on others I don't really care that it's an overpay so whatever. 

Didn't he make more last year?

3 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Doesn't matter, it's still an overpay for what he brings. Comparatively, Geekie as your 4C at 2 million is better. Jost is an in betweener for me and doesn't fill a bottom end role well imo. But again, it doesn't really matter to me. 

We know Jost fits this team and the coach.  We know no such thing about Geekie.  And I'm not ready to trust you if you think Yzerman is some sort of GM wizard.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

We know Jost fits this team and the coach.  We know no such thing about Geekie.  And I'm not ready to trust you if you think Yzerman is some sort of GM wizard.

Never said he was a wizard, but he does pivot quickly and there always seems to be a plan B and a plan C. He seems to have an adaptability and flexibility to the situation that many GMs lack. Most GMs have one singular vision and stick to it regardless of failure. Just look at Dubas. Or Treliving. 

"Jost fits this team" well yes, he does, a non playoff team. I want a playoff team. We need to be better than last year, not the same. I watched a lot of Seattle last year. Geekie is a better option but of course he likely would sign in Boston over Buffalo anyway. I was just comparing 2 similar contracts for bottom six players. 

Anyone who sees Jost as an important part of this team has set his bar far too low. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.