Sabres #39 pick: Anton Wahlberg, 6'3" Center

LGR4GM

24 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Hmmmmmmm, could be.  😉

In this case I thing it was true because Jerry Forton alluded to it too.

It was actually nice to hear the interview with Forton; you can tell how passionate he is about scouting, and it brings back his interview where he talked about much things improved under Kevyn.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

In this case I thing it was true because Jerry Forton alluded to it too.

It was actually nice to hear the interview with Forton; you can tell how passionate he is about scouting, and it brings back his interview where he talked about much things improved under Kevyn.

Would be cool if the guy the Sabres wanted to trade up for 2 straight years ended up falling into their lap where they were.  But it could be like the story about when Murray wanted to offer all 3 2nd round picks in '14 for Tuch.  Well, yeah, but that was after he'd tried to trade up to grab Dylan Larkin.

Don't know if Kulich and Wahlberg were both THE targets last year and this (expect it was the case last year, don't really care if it was this year) but nothing wrong with letting the player think he was THE guy even if he wasn't.  He's the guy now.

I wonder if any of the prospect tracking models account for improvement over the draft year. I'm sure the Sabres models do but not so sure about the fan accounts. Everything I've read about Anton is how vastly he improved in 2023, which isn't shocking for a player who is 17. Either way, very excited to see his continued growth in the SHL and Worlds. 

• Shocked 1

25 minutes ago, GrassValleyGreg said:

I wonder if any of the prospect tracking models account for improvement over the draft year. I'm sure the Sabres models do but not so sure about the fan accounts. Everything I've read about Anton is how vastly he improved in 2023, which isn't shocking for a player who is 17. Either way, very excited to see his continued growth in the SHL and Worlds. 

He was noticeable in a power forward way: obvious strength and speed driving to the net.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.