Mogilny Snubbed Again

rickshaw

I was about 16 years old, after the Sabres/Leafs game in the 90's me and my friend would get autographs of all the players after the game and Mogilny comes walking out of the dressing room like he was Rico Suave, no lie he came out with his arms around 2 of the hottest blondes I've ever seen in my life and he even scribbled his autograph still with his arm around the 1 and as I was talking to him he said something in Russian, I didn't know at the time that he didn't know English unless he was trolling us.

Also after that game we ran over to the Leafs side to try and get a few players and this was the best autograph I ever got, so we were waiting for the remainder of the Leafs players to come out (I think I was waiting for Alan Bester but I don't remember) and out comes Tie freaking Domi, he was eating chicken wings and the BBQ sauce was all over his fingers as we asked for his auto, no lie he asked for the pen from this youngin in front of us and then he proceeded to wipe his BBQ sauce on the poor kid lol It was the funniest *****. 

Also Mogilny should 100% be in the HOF, regardless if he shows up or not, if Mike Vernon and Pierre Turgeon made it anyone has a chance.

2 hours ago, rickshaw said:

I’ve read that he was only good in contract years, or only played when he felt like it, etc.  It doesn’t matter. Mogilny probably could’ve been a greater player had he had the drive but his stats and accomplishments still easily warrant a spot in the Hall.

Honestly, it’s getting a lot of attention and really making the HHOF look kinda bush league. They’re embarrassing themselves excluding him. 

For a long time didn't believe that Mogilny belonged in the HHoF.  Mainly because as a Sabre he never tried nearly as hard again as he did that year that his next contract was going up automatically every time he scored another goal and really felt that he quit on the Sabres in the Devils series.

But time has scabbed over that wound.  And believe that his defection alone is nearly HHoF worthy; so when you combine it with 76 goals and a SC and his time in Van City have come around to believing that yes, he belongs in the HHoF.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Goldseatsaud said:

If he played in NYC he would be in. Voters probably hate Buffalo

How much does John Muckler's opinion of him matter?  I think the hockey media might defer to him saying that Mogilny was not the most defencively conscientious in Buffalo and that would be the end of his chances.

If not as a player he should be in as a 'builder' for defecting.  I will argue that Luce and Smilin' Ger should be in too for orchestrating it.  Real spy novel stuff right there.  Makes no difference that the Soviet Union was crumbling at the time.

I say put 'em all in in special corner and tell the story of the defection.  Add some about his 76 goal season and the other stuff he did on the ice.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.