We NEED A NAME

topshelfcookies

We've got No Goal, May Day, the Jason Wolley Game, the Dave Hannan Game, the Derek Plante game, 8-0, the Fog Game...etc

WHAT THE HECK DO WE CALL THIS ONE?

The Chris Drury game won't work, there's too many other games where Drury has played well. To name a game after a player, it has to be an identifiable game for that player for their career. Drury's too good, and really, until the OT winner, didn't really play that much of a role. The problem is, the Derek Roy game, or the Tim Connoly game doesn't work either simply because naming it after one, does injustice to the other. Besides, this was a TEAM game. Naming it after an individual doesn't work for me.

So, what are your thoughts? Do we just call it 7-6?

For some reason, it is really hard to find a name for this one

My contributions (and believe me these are really a stretch):

The Volchen-cough-up (Volchenkov turned it over in OT on the goal)

Gone in 28 seconds (I believe thats the time between scoring the tying goal and scoring the winner)

23/7 (Coincidentally, we scored 7 goals on 23 shots that night....Drury scored the 7th goal, he is #23, I dunno, kind of weird i guess?)

For some reason, it is really hard to find a name for this one

My contributions (and believe me these are really a stretch):

The Volchen-cough-up (Volchenkov turned it over in OT on the goal)

Gone in 28 seconds (I believe thats the time between scoring the tying goal and scoring the winner)

23/7 (Coincidentally, we scored 7 goals on 23 shots that night....Drury scored the 7th goal, he is #23, I dunno, kind of weird i guess?)

Yeah, they're a stretch, but quite creative. I like them.

Have to have something with the number 5 in it for all the above reasons and the fact that the sabres came from behind 5 times in the game... also... if you take Drury's # and subtract the # of secs it took to score in OT, you get the number 5.... its the "5's all over the place game"

I like ScotiaBank Robbery...

Cinco de Mayo is too vague. Five years from now, you won't be able to say to your friend... "Hey remember Cinco de Mayo?", he'd probably say, no way i drank way too much Corona that night.

ScotiaBank robbery is clever and actually describes the game pretty well... we really did steal that game

Archived