Did we just witness the greatest Sabres game ever?

PromoTheRobot

Ask Dora tomorrow!

I don't know PTR... It wasn't a clinching game, it didn't involve a 35lb silver trophy, but yes, that was the greatest sabres game, TO DATE... I was not at the fog game, but by all accounts that's the greatest game. What i witnessed tonight i can only describe in three words, that only we can understand: "the comeback game".

Ask Dora tomorrow!

I don't know PTR... It wasn't a clinching game, it didn't involve a 35lb silver trophy, but yes, that was the greatest sabres game, TO DATE... I was not at the fog game, but by all accounts that's the greatest game. What i witnessed tonight i can only describe in three words, that only we can understand: "the comeback game".

I hear you there, brother.

Although to be put in THAT class it would have had to involve the Sabres scoring six times in the last 28 minutes to erase a 6-0 deficit and then winning in overtime off a turnover (well, they did that last part). :)

I certainly think this was the best game ever. There have been some amazing individual moments like May Day and Hannan's goal and Plante's goal vs. Ottawa (just to name a few) but if you look at this game as a whole, coming from behind 5 times and scoring in the last 10 seconds of regulation and then in OT for the win, this game is absolutely in a league of its own. I also think the Drury goal can be mentioned in the same breath as May day and Hannan's goal.

You gotta love a game that makes adults jump around like they are 3 years old. I was literally jumping around my living room tonight after the second Roy goal, the Connolly goal and obviously Drury in OT. I am still in shock of how resiliant this team is.

I honestly can't think of a bigger win in Sabres history. Can anyone cite and example of a game that tops the one played tonight?

PTR

Guys, I think we're selling this game short. Forget Sabres history, as far as finishes go, this has to be one of the five greatest in NHL history. And the final was 7-6 in a back-and-forth affair all game long.

If the NHL were to take one game back to ESPN in an attempt to get a contract with the network, they need this game and this game only.

If hockey held the same status in the public's attention span as MLB, NBA and the NFL, they'd have an hour-long show already slated for ESPN Classic. This is the kind of game that should be talked about for years among even the most casual of hockey fans.

I was on the phone with my dad after Roy tied it. And then Smolinski scored and my dad and I are just silent. Then Connolly scores and my dad and I are screaming like little girls.

I was with my Dad, as well. The guy in the seat in front of him doused him after Roy tied it. He was just almost dry when Drury earned him another bath.

Guys, I think we're selling this game short. Forget Sabres history, as far as finishes go, this has to be one of the five greatest in NHL history. And the final was 7-6 in a back-and-forth affair all game long.

If the NHL were to take one game back to ESPN in an attempt to get a contract with the network, they need this game and this game only.

If hockey held the same status in the public's attention span as MLB, NBA and the NFL, they'd have an hour-long show already slated for ESPN Classic. This is the kind of game that should be talked about for years among even the most casual of hockey fans.

MONKEYS would watch this game.

wow this series is gonna kick butt! this is only the first game and already the sabres have exploited the sens pretty well. If they continue to capitalize on the breaks they get, all they need to do is minimize their defensive mistakes AND costly rebounds and i honestly think this series is ours to win.

Obviously an instant classic..play-off experience...who needs it?!

All you need as a team is what this team has...thats passion, w/ a side of heart, and to wash it all down; resiliance.

Go Sabres!!!!

The look on Muckler's face was awesome, both when we scored at the end of the 3rd and again in OT. He was pissed! :lol:

I hear our friend Dora The Explorer will be killing penalties for the Sens on Monday night.

I don't know, I think I agree with the Flyer fans. This new NHL sucks!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

At least those losers got a paper hockey helmet out of the Flyers' playoff "run."

:lol: :lol:

I don't know, I think I agree with the Flyer fans. This new NHL sucks!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

At least those losers got a paper hockey helmet out of the Flyers' playoff "run."

:lol: :lol:

But don't you usually get a ROLL of paper for a case of the runs like that?

The greatest Sabres game I've ever seen (granted, I'm only 24) was Game 6 of the '99 finals vs Dallas, this game included...they showed an amazing collective heart tonight, and I'm now a true believer that they CAN win the Cup this year.

But to me, in an amazing game, goals are at a premium. I know Buffalo lost the game I mentioned, but it was filled with scoring chances and drama....and when you finally got a goal, it seemed to have the weight of 3 goals in today's NHL climate.

I have never cheered louder for a Sabres goal than Stu Barnes tying Game 6 of the '99 Finals at 1 late in the second when it had finally seemed like all was lost for the Sabres...

MONKEYS would watch this game.

We did, believe me, I was acting like one at Boston Pizza at clifton hills with "mah girls" and everytime ottawa scored some people would cheer, including an annoying girl who probably doesn't know what "short side" means and then a lot of Sabres fans would cheer, me being the loudest with everyone staring at me like, dude, that girl is crazy. And then the guy fans who were next to us was trying to hug us and offer shots and so we left instead to go to two haunted houses which were extremely scary and then I bought a candy apple and stared at the falls for a bit and came home, and here I sit, not ready to sleep, ever again.

THAT WAS THE GREATEST GAME EVER.....EVER......EVER.

And like Drury said, you just knew the OT wasn't going last long at all. I totally called it.

They shouldnt have even zamboinied the ice for and 18 second period.

Them redoing the ice was the reason that there was a turnover.. Looked like the puck hit a patch of water and that's why the D misplayed it.

Archived