Did we just witness the greatest Sabres game ever?

PromoTheRobot

What a roller coaster...

Chara Held up on the tying goal with seconds left in the 3rd period if you watch it again... the puck was on the side of the net and 14 Foot 7 Inch Zedno Chara just stood there, amazing...

You can't really call this game the 'comeback' game considering we scored first...

I am still in shock we came back...

I'm glad we won!

I was on the phone with my dad after Roy tied it. And then Smolinski scored and my dad and I are just silent. Then Connolly scores and my dad and I are screaming like little girls.

I had to go out to watch the game and so did a whole bunch of other people here. So as the game went on more and more of the bar was sabres fans and every goal made the place yell louder. It was the same. We went crazy when we tied it then the place was dead. Went crazy again when we tied and won it. Was talking to total strangers like they were my best friend. It was pretty cool.

i'm sorry but, what a crappy game. it's called defense, learn to play it.

Geez...I guess we were all wrong about this game. Bring back the old NHL, dammit! While you're at it, let's get rid of the transistor! Those things have caused nothing but trouble...

He must be a New Jersey Devils fan :unsure:

No, sir!

Let's see if this one sheds some light on what kind of fool would say such things...

these playoffs are pathetic, they have turned the best thing in sports (hockey playoffs) into a glamourized skills competition

Me and the boys were out at Hooligans in Webster last night, and that place went absolutely nuts when Connolly scored at the end of regulation. What a roller coaster of a game. That was the kind of game that you want to watch with a bunch of other crazy Sabres fans.

Thanks for the appraisal Flyers fans, and while you are right, I'll take this game over a 1-0 trap, clutch, and maul fest any day.

For long periods of time during the game the Sabres could get nothing going. That being said, the roller coaster of emotions that was the last two minutes of the game and OT will be ranked as one of the all-time great finishes to a game.

- Sabres are down by one, get a penalty with 2 and a half minutes to go. DAMN!!!

- Roy gets a shot handed goal and we're all tied up. YES!!!

- Ottawa comes back on the same power play and goes back up by one. DAMN!!!

- 10 seconds to go and Emery is off in la-la land as Connolly scores the goal to send it into OT. YES!!!

- Before Ottawa fans can even get in their seats for the beginning of OT, Drury scores and the game is over. YES!!!

There is a great picture in todays edition of the Buffalo News of Drury after he scored the goal in OT. Before his first teammate can even reach him, you see 3 Ottawa fans heading up the aisle to try and beat the crowd. It is much easier to see in the picture in this mornings paper, but the three are all together. One guy has on biege pants with a maroon colored shirt. The other two guys are opposite him. :lol:

http://buffalonews.com/sports/

We did, believe me, I was acting like one at Boston Pizza at clifton hills with "mah girls" and everytime ottawa scored some people would cheer, including an annoying girl who probably doesn't know what "short side" means and then a lot of Sabres fans would cheer, me being the loudest with everyone staring at me like, dude, that girl is crazy. And then the guy fans who were next to us was trying to hug us and offer shots and so we left instead to go to two haunted houses which were extremely scary and then I bought a candy apple and stared at the falls for a bit and came home, and here I sit, not ready to sleep, ever again.

THAT WAS THE GREATEST GAME EVER.....EVER......EVER.

And like Drury said, you just knew the OT wasn't going last long at all. I totally called it.

If I dump my girlfriend, will you go out with me? haha :P

The greatest Sabres game I've ever seen (granted, I'm only 24) was Game 6 of the '99 finals vs D*ll*s, this game included...I know Buffalo lost the game...

No we didn't.

Note: corrected spelling of D*ll*s....they need the asterisks.

My list of all time Sabres games:

1. Jason Woolley OT

2. Game 4 vs. St*rs

3. May Day! May Day! May Day!

4. Dave Hannan

5. This one.

My list of all time Sabres games:

1. Jason Woolley OT

2. Game 4 vs. St*rs

3. May Day! May Day! May Day!

4. Dave Hannan

5. This one.

After stewing over Game 1 for 2 days now, this is my list:

1. May Day

2. Jason Wolley OT

3. Game 1 vs OTT

4. 8-0 vs Philly (Barnaby Hat Trick)

5. Derek Plante

After stewing over Game 1 for 2 days now, this is my list:

1. May Day

2. Jason Wolley OT

3. Game 1 vs OTT

4. 8-0 vs Philly (Barnaby Hat Trick)

5. Derek Plante

The 8-0 game wasn't the Barnaby Hat Trick...that was the Mother's Day Massacre against Montreal.

I forgot Derek Plante's OT winner - I still think it is #6 now.

"The Sabres made the playoffs for the first time in 1972-73, just the team's third in the league, but lost in the quarter-finals in six games to the eventual Stanley Cup champion Montr?al Canadiens. Game 6 at the Aud ended with the fans serenading their team in a chant of "Thank you Sabres! Thank you Sabres!" a moment many consider to be the greatest in team history. The chant would be heard again several more times in team history."

IMHO...This is the greatest moment in Sabres history....

You can't really call this game the 'comeback' game considering we scored first...

I'm not so sure that scoring first disqualifies the game as a comeback. I seem to recall the Bills scoring first against the Oilers in 1993 and most people call that game a comeback.

"The Sabres made the playoffs for the first time in 1972-73, just the team's third in the league, but lost in the quarter-finals in six games to the eventual Stanley Cup champion Montr?al Canadiens. Game 6 at the Aud ended with the fans serenading their team in a chant of "Thank you Sabres! Thank you Sabres!" a moment many consider to be the greatest in team history. The chant would be heard again several more times in team history."

IMHO...This is the greatest moment in Sabres history....

I agree.

And I was thinking this the other night:

No matter what happens to the Sabres....this team should get another "Thank You Sabres" chant...

Archived