GDT - Seattle @ Buffalo - January 10, 2023 - 7:00 PM (EST) - MSG and WGR

matter2003

Maybe DG can bring in Montgomery from Boston to give a few pointers on how to start a 3rd period, keep a lead, and close out a win without come from behind drama or losing like tonight… They sure aren’t getting his messaging… Too little too late… Comrie didn’t help…

They deserved better. Clearly the better team tonight. 

So many grade A chances they missed that they normally cash in.

Somwtiems it happens. Battling the puck a little bit the last two games.

Gotta figure out why they keep having these lackluster starts to the third period where they allow a goal in under two minutes so often. It's becoming a problem. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Two mishandles by skinner in the last 20 seconds unfortunately - fails on a Basic shootin and he a lane to the net there on the pass at the end

I’m being too hard on Comrie but, i honestly don’t need to see him play anymore. Having 3 goalies up is stupid

we desperately need a tough RHD who clears the front of the net - I thought we had that with 46 but he’s pretty lousy. Lubushkin was directly responsible for goal 2 and 4 against. When you contribute nothing offensively you cant play like garbage in your own zone

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Believer said:

Maybe DG can bring in Montgomery from Boston to give a few pointers on how to start a 3rd period, keep a lead, and close out a win without come from behind drama or losing like tonight… They sure aren’t getting his messaging… Too little too late… Comrie didn’t help…

Food Halloween GIF by Justin Gammon

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Believer said:

Comrie rarely does. We are nowhere with this dude splitting time with UPL.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Turbo44 said:

Two mishandles by skinner in the last 20 seconds unfortunately - fails on a Basic shootin and he a lane to the net there on the pass at the end

I’m being too hard on Comrie but, i honestly don’t need to see him play anymore. Having 3 goalies up is stupid

we desperately need a tough RHD who clears the front of the net - I thought we had that with 46 but he’s pretty lousy. Lubushkin was directly responsible for goal 2 and 4 against. When you contribute nothing offensively you cant play like garbage in your own zone

SkinnyShahs Of Sunset Eating GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

My thoughts  

In a tie game after 2, both teams on back to backs, we were dominated the first 10 minutes of the third and essentially lost the game in that span.  They did not give up though and played strong to the end.  For 50 minutes we were right with them and we had the lead most of the time.  

Comrie - first game back so it’s hard to say much.  He didn’t do anything to make me encouraged.  UPL had lots of 4 goal games too.  We shall see. 

Playoffs -  It’s going to be very hard for this lineup, as it currently looks, to get there.  We all know the key positions to improve upon.  I am still bullish on the season though.  

Team -  they cannot press   They need to loosen the grip on their sticks and have fun, start flying again, and end this losing streak on Thursday.   

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, grinreaper said:

Ran into a hot and lucky goaltender. The Sabres just as easily could have won 7-4. Think back people to the expectations prior to the season. This team is close to being a powerhouse and will be a contender for years to come. Enjoy the process and development of a team on the rise. 

Yeah I am not worried...they can't win every game, they will go on these long point runs a few more times this year. Hopefully it will be enough to get them in, if not they won't miss by much.

19 minutes ago, Goldseatsaud said:

Sabres need size as well

Not really. They are at minimum league average in that category. Just a lazy take based on the last 15 years and not the current lineup. And going back and looking not even then...it's been like 25 years since the Sabres fielded an average team under 6'1" and all of them were in the 200-206 lb weight average.

NHL teams range from an average height of 6'2" to 6'0". 

The vast majority (like 25) average 6'1"...which is where the Sabres are at.

Their average weight of 195lbs is a little lighter than average but a lot of that can be attributed into so many young players that need a few years to fill out into their bodies. 

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Zamboni said:

I will be at this one tonight. I will witness firsthand the myth of Borgen grow 😂

I think Sabres lose again 

Krackheads … 4

Swords … 3

Tuch, Peterka, or Samuelsson with a goal 

Well… Even a broken clock is right twice a day 😂

• Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Pimlach said:

Yeah, he is doing fine again as an Assistant GM,his second stint. 

Expansion teams have the advantage of no hefty contracts that weigh them down. They start out with a lot of veteran players who have a decent floor but a lower ceiling than the average team. They are perfectly capable of competing well but it seems as if they fool themselves into thinking they are better than they are and will take shortcuts to gain what they think are the magic pieces that will get them over the top. 

7 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Not really. They are at minimum league average in that category. Just a lazy take based on the last 15 years and not the current lineup.

NHL teams range from an average height of 6'2" to 6'0". 

The vast majority (like 25) average 6'1"...which is where the Sabres are at.

Their average weight of 195lbs is a little lighter than average but a lot of that can be attributed into so many young players that need a few years to fill out into their bodies. 

The D is small 38, 10 and 78

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.