UNO and Alaska Fairbanks postgame handshake ends in a fight

\GoBillsInDallas/

36 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I had this happen to me when when playing in a tournament in Canada during high school.  (Admittedly I started it).

I guess it could be worse, it could be a Michigan/Michigan St after the game tunnel gang assault.  

Why is that worse, because they were black and therefore (as per your words) thugs?

Gimme a break. They are both just stuff that happens in sports and male kids being the dumbasses that they are.

"Gang assault"... Just stop.

Edited by SwampD
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Why is that worse, because they were black and therefore (as per your words) thugs?

Gimme a break. They are both just stuff that happens in sports and male kids being the dumbasses that they are.

"Gang assault"... Just stop.

Wasn’t the Michigan-Michigan St thing a bunch of guys cornering and beating an opposing player with their helmets or something?

Many on one with weapons sounds pretty gang assault-y to me.

Or did I hear that incident incorrectly?

Shades of Andy Ristau.  That was a gang assault in my book.

14 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Gang assault. Just stop.

This isn't just boys being boys.  10 on 1 is a gang type assault.  I have no idea what color the players were, except the DB for Michigan who is black, and I don't care. Using helmets as weapons, knocking a guy down in the tunnel and then a group of guys starts kicking him on the ground.  How else would you describe the event?  I think thugs is the appropriate word for a bunch of guys attacking beating a single guy.

6 minutes ago, Weave said:

Wasn’t the Michigan-Michigan St thing a bunch of guys cornering and beating an opposing player with their helmets or something?

No you got it right.  One Michigan player was assaulted by a group of MSU players swinging helmets as weapons and the second Michigan player was knocked to the group and then a group of MSU players started kicking and punching him on the ground.  Watch the videos.  It's disgusting.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

9 minutes ago, Weave said:

That's what I was expecting to see. Not one person hit him with a helmet. There was some jostling around, the kid got up,

and it was over.

7 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

This isn't just boys being boys.  10 on 1 is a gang type assault.  I have no idea what color the players were, except the DB for Michigan who is black, and I don't care. Using helmets as weapons, knocking a guy down in the tunnel and then a group of guys starts kicking him on the ground.  How else would you describe the event?  I think thugs is the appropriate word for a bunch of guys attacking beating a single guy.

No you got it right.  One Michigan player was assaulted by a group of MSU players swinging helmets as weapons and the second Michigan player was knocked to the group and then a group of MSU players started kicking him on the ground.  Watch the videos.  It's disgusting.  

You are so full of *****. You posted the video ffs. nobody hit him with a helmut.

It's in the College football 2022 thread.

Edited by SwampD
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

https://nypost.com/2022/10/31/video-shows-helmet-swing-in-michigan-state-football-attack/

There were two Michigan players assaulted.  The first in the first video I posted and the second was with the helmet.

I sorry, but if that is your proof, that is ***** hilarious.

And the video shows him being hit over and over.😂

Edited by SwampD

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

I sorry, but if that is your proof, that is ***** hilarious.

you think a video of a guy swinging a helmet at a Michigan player is hilarious?  Did you read the article? 

Here is better view.

PS the player swinging the helmet is named Khary Crump and he is one of the 4 players Mel Tucker suspended.  You may think this is hilarious, I don't.

6 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Look at this gang fight. Using their sticks as weapons.

Also ESPN published another video showing the helmet swinging.  

On Monday, ESPN released its own footage from the tunnel, which showed (from a distance) how the incident seemed to develop along with a helmet being swung by a Michigan State player. Linebacker Jacoby Windmon (wearing No. 4), who was not among the suspended players, also appeared to be heavily involved in holding Green [ the 2nd Michigan player] as a helmet was swung.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/espn-abc-tunnel-cam-video-footage-michigan-state-fight-reaction-jacoby-windmon

Oh by the way I don't like being accused of being racist!

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

you think a video of a guy swinging a helmet at a Michigan player is hilarious?  Did you read the article? 

Here is better view.

PS the player swinging the helmet is named Khary Crump and he is one of the 4 players Mel Tucker suspended.  You may think this is hilarious, I don't.

Where's the ten thugs on one gang style assault and beat down I heard about? That video shows one guy that tweeked on another. Absolutely bad and suspendable. The other vid, meh. Don't pretend you aren't spinning it with your code words.

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Where's the ten thugs on one gang style assault and beat down I heard about? That video shows one guy that tweeked on another. Absolutely bad and suspendable. The other vid, meh. Don't pretend you aren't spinning it with your code words.

In the video you posted, there are at least 8 MSU players surrounding the 1st Michigan player or can't you count.

Just now, SwampD said:

Nobody does. 

Then why accuse someone without any evidence just because you don't like a word choice.  Pretty sad.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

In the video you posted, there are at least 8 MSU players surrounding the 1st Michigan player or can't you count.

And they all had their helmets on and not even a single punch was thrown. I've seen worse gang assaults outside the locker room at the Ice House in Hackensack. Whatever, it's sports.

4 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Then why accuse someone without any evidence just because you don't like a word choice.  Pretty sad.

Words matter.

• Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Yeah they do, and I'm waiting for your apology

So, here is your quote, and then I'm done.

"Disturbing incident after the Mich/Mich St game.  MSU players (thugs) attack a Michigan player in the tunnel."

If that term has no racial baggage attached to it, then why add it to your post, and in parenthesis, even!

Just post this.

"Disturbing incident after the Mich/Mich St game.  MSU players attack a Michigan player in the tunnel."

We can tell who the MSU players are.