Sabres Road Crew

shrader

10 hours ago, shrader said:

How many people have been to one of these events? I saw the ad during the game for the upcoming event in Raleigh and immediately picked up a ticket. RJ in town, it’s an absolute must to go. 

I went to the Boston one year's back. It was at the Harp, of course. Disco Dan was there. Gave me the death stare when I asked him a question. Very relatable. Rob Ray tried to avoid folks by staying behind a table. Everyone else was nice, especially Danny Gare.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

1 hour ago, Indabuff said:

What the hell is it?  Work for free?

Sabres coaches, alumni and broadcasters come to a bar during an off-night on the road to meet fans. Next one is in Raleigh on Nov 3. It's a ticketed event.

https://www.nhl.com/news/buffalo-sabres-road-crew-raleigh-north-carolina-november-3-2022/c-335653436

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Thanks (+1) 1

10 hours ago, shrader said:

How many people have been to one of these events? I saw the ad during the game for the upcoming event in Raleigh and immediately picked up a ticket. RJ in town, it’s an absolute must to go. 

I have, but it was so long ago that I'm sure everything is different now.  I'm sure it will be fun; please report back!

If you get a chance to go, you shouldn't miss it. I went to the last two in Las Vegas and both were great. Met Rob Ray, Marty Biron, Don Luce, Rick Martin, Rick Jeanerrette, JP Dumont, Jason Dawe, Danny Gare, Rhett Warrener, Jordan Leopold, Grant Fuhr, Duffer, Clint Marlarchuk and current GM Kevyn Adams. Its usually about 2-3 hours held at a bar or restaurant. There is a VIP package you can buy which includes the buffet. I just got a regular ticket both times. All the players are friendly and never felt out of place making conversation with any of them. Its a cool experience and they usually have raffle prizes and trivia. Totally worth it and lots of fun. Don't miss it especially if RJ is in attendance.

LETS GO BUFFALO!

• Like (+1) 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well my night started off well. They had a surprise autographed puck purchase. I thought mine was #92 and I was a bit confused thinking it might be Thompson. But I flipped it over and realized it was a 26 Dahlin. So that was a great start. I also now have my old 43 red Brion jersey signed. It was a great time all around. The most enjoyable parts were probably JP Dumont and Jason Dawe just mingling completely separate  from the rest of the event. I’m so glad I got the chance to enjoy this event. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Sorry for 4 posts in a row, but I feel like this story is worth the share.

So I'm at the urinal when all of a sudden someone asks me "please tell me they gave you that jersey today".  I turn my head to look... JP Dumont.  I absolutely hate having any conversation while in a public restroom, but I'll give a free pass to JP.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.