OT - sabrespacers "goal" songs

steveoath

21 hours ago, Zamboni said:

So I’m doing this on my iPhone.  this doesn’t work.  I tried adding what you suggested to the end of the YouTube link.  The original YouTube link stays intact, and it does not create a time start for me. It basically ignores what I add to the end of the YouTube link.

when I hit share on my iPhone, it only suggests sharing the YouTube link like with a message or email or Facebook etc. There is no option to start that I can see anywhere in the share options.

i’m sure both options you guys are suggesting are available or doable on a laptop. But with my iPhone it just doesn’t work.

if you think I’m overlooking something or doing something wrong let me know. Otherwise thank you for trying to help 👍🏼

I was definitely using a laptop and it's hard to say without seeing your screen, but try something like this on iPhone:

1. Load the youtube video on your iPhone. 
2. Tap the address bar at the bottom to modify it (don't tap Share yet).
3. Copy the address. (you could try to write the timestamp at the end here, but I find it clumsy to try to deselect the address)
4. Open a new iPhone browser tab by tapping the double box/new window button in the very bottom right.
5. Paste in the address. Then type in your additional &t=50s timestamp text.
6. Tap Go.  (This should open the video to "when" you want it.)
7. Share or Copy/Paste that new address path.

5 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

I was definitely using a laptop and it's hard to say without seeing your screen, but try something like this on iPhone:

1. Load the youtube video on your iPhone. 
2. Tap the address bar at the bottom to modify it (don't tap Share yet).
3. Copy the address. (you could try to write the timestamp at the end here, but I find it clumsy to try to deselect the address)
4. Open a new iPhone browser tab by tapping the double box/new window button in the very bottom right.
5. Paste in the address. Then type in your additional &t=50s timestamp text.
6. Tap Go.  (This should open the video to "when" you want it.)
7. Share or Copy/Paste that new address path.

Woah woah woah!!!

I believe it worked. The only thing that was different was you said in step 2, to tap the address bar at the bottom to modify it.

The address bar is at the top and I copied and pasted in a new tab, then added the &t=(timestart)s.

then hit search or go and the video started playing at the moment I entered the time start. 

I am editing my original post from the first page to see if it takes.

It worked! Wow seriously good job, I would’ve never thought to do that. I appreciate your help. 

Edited by Zamboni
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 10/14/2022 at 6:58 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

Phoenix - Alpha Zulu

Never heard it before and now it is stuck in my head. Thanks lol.

Things I learned from trying to pick a song. First, my entire Spotify has somehow evolved into almost exclusively Americana/Country. Second, what isn't country is metal. Third, my mom was seemingly right after all and punk/emo rock was just a 15+ year phase. Since people went with multiple choices, here we go:

If it wasn't for the New Jersey Devils already using it, this would be the easy choice. The Gaslight Anthem - Howl is top tier. Since I'm not going to reuse something from New Jersey...

1) The song that would probably not be allowed because the lyrics, but it would be really something to hear it blasting through KeyBank Center.

The song is cut to probably the only segment that could be played and even then there's a fat chance it would be allowed.

2) We've got enough Swedes on the team that I'd go with this just to mess with them for a metal option. Great song. Have to use the Swedish version though.

Could do "Winged Hussars" by Sabaton for a game if we're handing out tickets to the Broadway Market Good Friday crowd as well. Yggdrasil - Brothers of Metal is another pretty solid banger for metal choice.

3) What I actually used when I played and it was my turn to pick the "warm up" song that was played before the game started.

It wasn't just a phase, mom. RIP Chester.

5) What I'd probably choose but I'd have to figure out how to do the dance on ice first.

Just can't match the vibe.

Honorable mention:

I mean, come on. It's perfect(ly bad).

On 10/16/2022 at 3:21 AM, steveoath said:

Some good tunes in here. Will update the playlist next week, currently standing at passport control in Copenhagen! Holiday time. 

At least you don’t have to worry about losing a title with the Danish royal family. 😁😉

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.