If Hecht is healthy for Game 6

Eleven

My vote is for Vanek. He hasn't looked good to me this series, and he seems out of the game. He's beginning to remind me of what Connolly looked like a few years ago.

Dress Pyatt, but put him on a line other than with Drury and Grier. That way, there are two lines that potentially can neutralize Forsberg's line, making it twice as likely that the Sabres see a favorable matchup in a game where the Flyers get last change.

All academic if Hecht can't go, of course.

I think even if Hecht can go, there is a good argument to be made for going with the same lineup that completely dominated those CSs yesterday. That way, if we win tomorrow, Hecht gets a good amount of rest before we begin beating the Senators.

What about Roy coming out? He hasn't impressed me much lately.

Have you been watching the games???

Anyways, how is Hecht's injury and what is it??? We did good without him in game 5, i say keep him off the ice for game 6 in Philly and let him rest and make sure he'll be ready for game 7 and the next round. It all depends on the injury, i wouldn't rush him.

My vote is for Vanek. He hasn't looked good to me this series, and he seems out of the game. He's beginning to remind me of what Connolly looked like a few years ago.

Dress Pyatt, but put him on a line other than with Drury and Grier. That way, there are two lines that potentially can neutralize Forsberg's line, making it twice as likely that the Sabres see a favorable matchup in a game where the Flyers get last change.

All academic if Hecht can't go, of course.

Why do you ask such hard questions???? Gees! Pyatt played really well I thought, but Vanik has a goal in the series and I want him to get more playoff action because he is going to be a top flight player. I know he has looked lazy at times, but so did Tim Connelly before. Vaniks gonna be a good one, and really, already is.

I'd sit Drury

Just kidding :rolleyes:

sit hecht. Don't mess with anything that got the 3-0 victory on sunday...

This has the added bonus of getting Jochen at least 2 extra days to heal from the mystery injury and perhaps a few more days than that. If he's ready for game 6 (which is a big if), he should be ready for game 7. I'd hold off on using him until then.

Consensus seems to be that Hecht will not play. Next question: Would you separate Pyatt from Drury/Grier? I would, for the reason stated in my original post: It doubles the chances of having a good shutdown line against the Forsberg line.

Consensus seems to be that Hecht will not play. Next question: Would you separate Pyatt from Drury/Grier? I would, for the reason stated in my original post: It doubles the chances of having a good shutdown line against the Forsberg line.

Where does the "separate" Pyatt from Drury come from? Was it from a guy that called Chris Drury "Craig" or a guy that called Jay McKee "McKay" at least 2 times or from somebody on WGR?

Pyatt was on the ice with Drury exactly 4 times last game. Once each in the 1st and 2nd and twice at the end of the 3rd.

He had 7 shifts with Grier, but that was primarily because Grier was taking Hecht's post powerplay shift with the 4th line, not because Taylor was on the 2nd line.

You absolutely keep Pyatt on the "4th line". You also keep Roy on the Drury line. He had 11 shifts with Drury. Roy didn't play the last few minutes of the game because the Sabres ended the game on the powerplay. He isn't normally on the powerplay.

Where does the "separate" Pyatt from Drury come from? Was it from a guy that called Chris Drury "Craig" or a guy that called Jay McKee "McKay" at least 2 times or from somebody on WGR?

Pyatt was on the ice with Drury exactly 4 times last game. Once each in the 1st and 2nd and twice at the end of the 3rd.

He had 7 shifts with Grier, but that was primarily because Grier was taking Hecht's post powerplay shift with the 4th line, not because Taylor was on the 2nd line.

You absolutely keep Pyatt on the "4th line". You also keep Roy on the Drury line. He had 11 shifts with Drury. Roy didn't play the last few minutes of the game because the Sabres ended the game on the powerplay. He isn't normally on the powerplay.

Dave, that's why I wrote it as "Drury/Grier." Those two stay together, and Pyatt plays somewhere else. Roy/Drury/Grier works fine for me, and Pyatt goes on another line to work against Forsberg's line. Pyatt was out often with both Drury and Grier last game, and I think if they never play together at all (except possibly on special teams), it increases chances of a favorable matchup.

Give Jochen the rest...an added bonus if we win and Hecht doesn't play is that he gets alot more than just 2 extra days to heal up whatever on his "upper body" is hurting him.

I keep the lines the same tomorrow for game 6...except I'm wondering if Lindy will pull the same stunt he did in Game 4 and tossed out 2 guys vs Forseberg's line and then double shifted another defensive minded winger. It was a great tactic in terms of getting Hitchcock to have to pick and chose when Forseberg went onto the ice, but I feel like it might have messed up our rhythm a little too much. We didn't seem as sharp in Game 4, and I'm wondering if the mixed lines might have contributed to that a bit.

Dave, that's why I wrote it as "Drury/Grier." Those two stay together, and Pyatt plays somewhere else. Roy/Drury/Grier works fine for me, and Pyatt goes on another line to work against Forsberg's line. Pyatt was out often with both Drury and Grier last game, and I think if they never play together at all (except possibly on special teams), it increases chances of a favorable matchup.

Pyatt was on the ice with Drury and Grier only 4 times (out of 15 shifts) on Sunday, one of which was a ~20 second shift. (Also, he was out with Drury 5 times that game, not 4 as I stated previously.) Roy was on the ice with both of them 11 of 16 shifts.

I agree that the Sabres put together a stronger lineup with Pyatt not on Drury's line.

Archived