Bold Sabres Prediction for the 2022-23 Season

Doohickie

On 7/5/2022 at 7:08 AM, LGR4GM said:

Dahlin tops 70 points

Power, JJP, and Quinn all land top 5 for Calder votes

Cozens tops 60 points

Sabres miss the players by 2 points, but instead of a loser mentality setting in, it fuels them to greater heights as Okposo is brought back on a 1 year contract to continue being captain and the 2023 is a wildly successful season.

Not bad LGR!  I gave you a cup for those predictions back in July.  Prescient. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/15/2022 at 6:02 AM, ddaryl said:

1.) Goaltending will be marginally better this year. Comrie proves he may be a keeper

2.) Power, Dahlin Samuelson (Sabres D core)  prove to be all that and get accolades from the press

3.) Sabres will be in the hunt for a playoff spot come March, it will be close but they miss by a few points

4.) Tage will do well again this year 35 G 40 A, but does not surpass 40 G

1.) Not looking good, but jury is still out

2.) homerun

3.) 2 lousy point miss

4.) Tage surpassed expectation

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/16/2022 at 12:18 AM, HumanSlinky39 said:

1) Sabres continue improving (41-32-9, 91 pts), but fall just short of the playoffs.

2) Comrie emerges as a legitimate starter (~.914 / ~2.68 GAA)

3) Cozens has a breakout season (23G/36A/59 PTS)

Dang, I was pretty spot on on two of them. Maybe a little light on Cozens. Missed on Comrie, but oh well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 7/25/2022 at 3:11 PM, Thorny said:

Not sure I feel all that comfortable giving any kind of concrete predictions considering the multitude of ways this all could go, but I can predict the things that, should they develop, would make me the most optimistic moving forward:

1. Thompson repeats. If TT “runs it back” and more/less duplicates the season we just saw, we’re laughing. I meant it when I said the exact same season this year from Tage would provide double the excitement last year’s output provided. Filling out an NHL C spine, considering the young Cs we have on roster + in system, if we already have the 1C plugged in will be smooth sailing, imo. We have a plethora of depth at the F positions, both W and C, I’m not that concerned about the development of any *one* player, if we’ve dialed in on what’s less certain to be pieced together: a playoff-run worthy first line. Thompson for me puts a lot of pieces in place if the version we saw is here to stay.
  2. Dahlin and Power progressing like one might expect a Dahlin and a Power to progress. Filling out the F ranks gets even *easier* if the strength of our team funnels through those two pillars on D, a strength given the aptitude of those two players I see being *potentially* good enough to be *the* strength of a contending team. 
  3. Comrie performing as a reasonable stop gap. The D likely develops into such a strength that, should Levi amount to becoming a Saros-type player, we’ve got the bones of our team sorted. Basically, if 2/3 of D, GT, and the F develop close to their upper level projections, we are in a real good spot, imo. Comrie providing a bit of a quick-fix cheat code for the position makes a transition to good goaltending all the more likely, obviously. 

I’m excited to see development ebb, and flow, for plenty of other players on the roster, but seeing the 4 players I listed excel would not be interchangeable with the others. 

2/3

3/3 woulda had us in

oh well, hopefully next season 

On 7/15/2022 at 11:45 PM, matter2003 said:

Sabres are eliminated from playoff contention in the final week of the season, but finish above 87 points on the year.

Skinner and Thompson are twin 40 goal scorers.

Dahlin is a Norris finalist.

Comrie plays much better in net than most people expect and is above average in goalie metrics.

I don't think I like the Hutton comparison...Hutton was at the age where goalies start declining. Comrie is just entering his prime. 

Spot on with the first prediction, very close with the 2nd, likely correct on the 3rd once Norris finalists are announced, way off on the last unfortunately.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.