Some of you sicken me...

letsgobuffalo45

Philly ties up the series, things aren't looking as good as they did on Monday night, so now all of a sudden everyone "sucks?" This team won 52 games in the regular season and accumulated their best point total ever. I'm pretty sure you don't go from blowing out the Flyers 8-2 to "sucking" the next day.

Philly caught a few breaks in game 3, and tonight was just an overall bad performance from Buffalo. Get over it, WE ARE GOING TO LOSE SOME GAMES! Max Afinogenov doesn't "suck" now because he gave the puck away a few times, Brian Campbell isn't the worst defenseman in the NHL now because he had some trouble getting the puck up the ice. Sure, there is some reason to be concerned about the goaltending situation, but thats up to Lindy to take care of. Its a best of 3 now, and two of them are in our barn.

Lets get behind this team 100% like most of us were 72 hours ago, and lets kick the #%^$#! out of the Flyers!

Philly ties up the series, things aren't looking as good as they did on Monday night, so now all of a sudden everyone "sucks?" This team won 52 games in the regular season and accumulated their best point total ever. I'm pretty sure you don't go from blowing out the Flyers 8-2 to "sucking" the next day.

Philly caught a few breaks in game 3, and tonight was just an overall bad performance from Buffalo. Get over it, WE ARE GOING TO LOSE SOME GAMES! Max Afinogenov doesn't "suck" now because he gave the puck away a few times, Brian Campbell isn't the worst defenseman in the NHL now because he had some trouble getting the puck up the ice. Sure, there is some reason to be concerned about the goaltending situation, but thats up to Lindy to take care of. Its a best of 3 now, and two of them are in our barn.

Lets get behind this team 100% like most of us were 72 hours ago, and lets kick the #%^$#! out of the Flyers!

LGB, people are just letting off steam. I doubt that there are many on this board that expect the Sabres to lose this series. If the Sabres lose Sunday, then I would start to take the "we're doomed" posts seriously. Until then, it's just people frustrated because the Sabres deserved (IMHO) to win game 3 and they didn't. They didn't deserve to win tonight and didn't and people get frustrated when bounces don't bounce back in the good guy's way.

Since when is discussion of the game, team and our opinions of same grounds for you to judge us?

We're all Sabres fans and have FEELINGS about the team that we choose to address on this forum.

"Sicken you"? Too bad I guess. God forbid someone offer a divergent opinion from yours.

I'll cheer for the team to win just as loudly and fervently as any fan and have since the '70's. But I can discuss their shortcomings on this forum as freely (albeit tastefully) as I please.

LGB, people are just letting off steam. I doubt that there are many on this board that expect the Sabres to lose this series. If the Sabres lose Sunday, then I would start to take the "we're doomed" posts seriously. Until then, it's just people frustrated because the Sabres deserved (IMHO) to win game 3 and they didn't. They didn't deserve to win tonight and didn't and people get frustrated when bounces don't bounce back in the good guy's way.

Dave, this is what I meant in an earlier thread (the drink-inspired one) when I stated that I didn't want this board to look like the Flyers' board.

Dave, this is what I meant in an earlier thread (the drink-inspired one) when I stated that I didn't want this board to look like the Flyers' board.

Until we get someone who openly admits to trying to kill a Phylers player (or 2, or 10, or whatever) this will never be look like a Filly board. <_<

But keep the good fight up. I think it is cool that the fans are rallying behing the boys. :)

i'm behind this team 150%, but i don't care (for example) how many points afinogenov put up in the regular season. now is when it counts and he hasn't shown up. he coughs the puck up left and right like he's afraid to be hit. he is an unbelievable playmaker who makes his linemates better, but where is that max now? where did he go? that's what ticks me off. when your "key" guys don't show up when it matters most (and max isn't the only one, he just ticked me off the most tonight).

i'm behind this team 150%, but i don't care (for example) how many points afinogenov put up in the regular season. now is when it counts and he hasn't shown up. he coughs the puck up left and right like he's afraid to be hit. he is an unbelievable playmaker who makes his linemates better, but where is that max now? where did he go? that's what ticks me off. when your "key" guys don't show up when it matters most (and max isn't the only one, he just ticked me off the most tonight).

Afinogenov's giveaway in the Sabres' zone led to a goal, and Connolly's failure to clear led to Forsberg's blast from between the circles. Both were horrible; both reminded me of what those guys looked liked in October and November.

This team has been playing scared the last two games. They have no momentum, below average goal tending, and a penchant to turn the puck over with regularity. So forgive us for feeling like this team is in trouble.

...i have not read all the posts yet, but i think the original post was pointing to the inevitable shoot-from-the-hip reaction that now that the sabres have lost 2 in a row everyone sucks. suddenly, everone forgets they scored 11 goals in the first two games, their goalie was playing outstanding and they had won 7 in a row.

you are right, there is definitely a feeling that the team could be in trouble, but it does not mean they have to suck and "I told you so," and "Get rid of this guy." critiquing why they lost is great and fine, but when the theme of the analysis is simply that everyone sucks and fire regier, it gets pretty old.

...i have not read all the posts yet, but i think the original post was pointing to the inevitable shoot-from-the-hip reaction that now that the sabres have lost 2 in a row everyone sucks. suddenly, everone forgets they scored 11 goals in the first two games, their goalie was playing outstanding and they had won 7 in a row.

you are right, there is definitely a feeling that the team could be in trouble, but it does not mean they have to suck and "I told you so," and "Get rid of this guy." critiquing why they lost is great and fine, but when the theme of the analysis is simply that everyone sucks and fire regier, it gets pretty old.

Agreed. I think everyone is just over reacting. I will use the Marty example. Miller had a great first two games. Let in a softie in game 3, and didn't have a great night last night, so the knee jerk reaction is "Put Marty in...the rookie can't handle it, etc." From a playoff perspective, Marty is a rookie as well. He has yet to see a shot in the playoffs.

Marty is a good goaltender, but I don't think he has the nerves of steel that some are suggesting. Just off the top of my head, I remember 2 games in his streak where he gave up big goals at bad times. The first was against Colorado. If I remember right the Sabres jumped out to a big lead, and Colorado came back. Marty had a chance to be the hero when Svatos got a penalty shot, but he let it in. A timely goal by Drury gave him the W. Against Anaheim, the team struggled with the trap all night, and finally managed to tie the score at 1. A few minutes later Biron gave up a soft goal to give the Ducks a 2-1 lead. We managed to pull it out in overtime. I'm sure I can come up with a few more if I sat down and thought about it.

I don't know if that makes him a bad playoff goalie. But looking at his history makes me nervous about having him in net.

Looking at the goals last night, do you think if Marty was in there he honestly would've stopped the Desjardins shot? From the goal cam, I didn't see the puck until it came out of the net. There was a pretty good screen on that shot.

What about Forsberg getting left all alone in the slot?

Not that much of a different result with Marty in there.

We are clearly the better team than the Flyers.

However, we are not closing things out when we should. Honestly, this series should be over, but it's not. So the team needs to learn from it.

If Ryan Miller stops letting in bad goals at the wrong time, we will be fine. If he doesn't, well it won't matter how well we play.

In game 3 they got three crap goals. Fine.

IN game 4 we had the game where we wanted it, and let it slip away. Some shocking defense on the first goal. And a brutal goal to RJ.

But in between we had a rocket by Max of the bar, 5 or 6 breakaways including a penalty.

We should have destroyed Philly. It's not like they are making us look bad. We have given them 2 wins.

We cannot have weak goals going in unless it's 8-2. Miller needs to stop giving up a freebee per night, or we will be done.

I'm not discouraged at our effort. We just need to pay attention to detail and we walk into the 2nd round.

This team has been playing scared the last two games. They have no momentum, below average goal tending, and a penchant to turn the puck over with regularity. So forgive us for feeling like this team is in trouble.

yeah... it's that simple!

Archived