Don Granato and Kevyn Adams End of Season Press Conferences

Brawndo

3 hours ago, tom webster said:

While I agree that KA may not be the guy to ask about the condition of the arena, he is the only guys representing the franchise at the moment. They made a big deal about how arena improvements made at the beginning of the Pegula era were in part designed to lure players to “Hockey Heaven.” Numerous Bills players have referred to facilities as being part of what brought them to Buffalo. Having a world class arena falls under the scope of “wanting players who want to be here goes hand in hand with showing the players they are wanted and respected.”

Yeah and getting a billion or two in tax payer funds (albeit for a stadium) should help them with the liquidity needed for whatever upgrades are needed. If they haven’t even thought about it at this stage in the game, tells me there is zero chance anything is done by next season. 

4 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

If you fix it they will come.

3 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Fair point, but some of the attendance problems are due the fact that the place is falling apart somewhat.

Why would 2 guys who don't live within a 1000 miles of Buffalo care if they fix the arena?? The both of you aren't coming, oh wait I've heard that some of you old Moslems get pretty randy after Ramadan so let me take that back..... 😁😄 🥂

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, jsb said:

Why would 2 guys who don't live within a 1000 miles of Buffalo care if they fix the arena?? The both of you aren't coming, oh wait I've heard that some of you old Moslems get pretty randy after Ramadan so let me take that back..... 😁😄 🥂

Actually I've been to a few games in recent years and the stadium was awful.  

When talking about rewarding moments during the season:  "Jokiharju becoming a leader and grabbing Owen Power and wanting to partner up with him."

I think this says something about how everyone in the room feels like they are valued, like they have something to contribute, and are not afraid to step forward.  It would have been easy to pair Power with Pysyk as the fatherly vet, but instead Donny gives that assignment to a guy who's often thought of as being in the shadow of Dahlin and even Muel.  He gave Joki a stretch goal and it not only helped Power, it also helped Joki grow as a player and leader.

Krueger was supposed to be some kind of great motivator but I see Granato doing subtle things like that to challenge his players in a good way.

• Like (+1) 1

If I had to put my finger on it, Granato fosters an environment where encouraging the success of others on the team is encouraged.  He does it, frequently saying how he just "gets out of the way" but the leaders on the team do it too.  Tuch is the last guy to take credit for things; he most frequently names the contributors in the team's accomplishments.

I wonder if Granato pulled some of the key guys- Okie, Girgs, Skinner, Tuch- aside and told them to encourage this as a team building technique.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 months later...
34 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Had to put it somewhere 

As sure as the sun rises in the east, as sure as the ocean tides rising and falling, as sure as the Toronto Maple Leafs sucking hind teat… there is never, ever a justifiable reason to revive a dead topic by adding a post that has nothing to do with the topic. 

There is no reason for anyone to come to the community, scan the board and wonder what new information came out of the end of season press conference only to find the coach gave a speech somewhere to someone. 

• dislike 1

• SDS locked this topic