Jack Freaking Quinn

Crusader1969

The man is on a mission tonight 

After Rochester’s 5 goal, I love his reaction… he is chirping the Utica’s dman, while congratulating his teammates  You can see the emotion the kid plays with.

a few games ago, he is dropping the gloves

last night, teammates make the drive to Buffalo to cheer him on.  First time I’ve heard of that.  Shows his teammates love him 

4 points tonight, so far  

last night, misses two clear cut chances but the take away is that he was heady enough to get into prime scoring position.   Next time he buries them 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

From earlier today,,,,   Corey Pronmans top 150 under 23 

37. Jack Quinn, RW, Buffalo

Sept. 19, 2001 | six-foot | 176 pounds

Drafted: No. 8 in 2020

Sept. 2021 Ranking: 137

Tier: Projected top of the lineup player

Skating: Below NHL average
Puck skills: Above NHL average
Hockey sense: NHL average
Compete: Above NHL average

After a so-so first pro season for Quinn, he came out like a rocket in the first half of this season before he was sidelined due to mono. He was one of the very best players in the AHL and led Rochester to early success. Quinn’s skill level pops. He can make difficult plays with the puck look routine and is a great playmaker to go with his scoring ability. He lacks great speed, but he works hard and has two-way ability. He looks like a player who is close to the next step.

• Like (+1) 4

He needs to make better decisions with the puck, particularly at the blue lines, but I really enjoy how he plays the game.

That said, keep him in Roch the rest of the season.  Buffalo has become a dumpster fire with their goaltending situation, let him slow roast in a winning environment.  He'll kick the door down in camp next season.

• Like (+1) 8

1 hour ago, pi2000 said:

He needs to make better decisions with the puck, particularly at the blue lines, but I really enjoy how he plays the game.

That said, keep him in Roch the rest of the season.  Buffalo has become a dumpster fire with their goaltending situation, let him slow roast in a winning environment.  He'll kick the door down in camp next season.

Unless injury or COVID force them to be called up, I feel better knowing that Quinn and the other prospects are developing nicely with the Amerks this season.  My excitement at seeing our "new toys" was very fleeting next to the disaster playing out at Key Bank Center.

Edited by Dreams Burn Down
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.