The Chicken Wing

Indabuff

Irish Mafia in Bloomfield has really good wings. Big, crispy, juicy. They rotate in a new sauce every week. Tonight was blackberry bourbon. Just enough spice.

Oh and I’m a firm believer that your metabolism doesn’t slow down as much as you do as you age. Keep moving!

I turn 49 this year and I keep my gym/exercise habit a constant and I’m still doing fairly well. 10 wings+Mary’s Mac and two beers for dinner!

On 8/20/2021 at 7:43 PM, JoeSchmoe said:

If I had to choose I'm taking pizza over wings, but if you put a tray of wings out at a party, they're invariably gone within minutes.

Try that with your cheese log and triscuits!

IMO I think wings aren't under or over rated. They're just rated.

nobody is making shows about a cheese log and triscuits. One of the more popular shows on the internet is interviewing people as they eat increasingly spicy chicken wings. 

On 8/20/2021 at 5:37 PM, SwampD said:

That just means you’ve never had good ones.

I have. That is what stops me from dismissing them as disgusting food.

Edited by drnkirishone
double quoted?!

I just cooked a batch from Wegmans last night and forgot to mention a different aroma that I've noticed for the last several months from the wings; post deep fry.  Surprisingly, right before I put sauce on them my wife asked "why they smelled like that".

It's all about the deep fat fryer. Commercial fryers are hotter and they have the added feature of a "cold zone." You can't duplicate this at home. It would take a fryer that holds several gallons.

You want to plus it up a notch.. try a commercial pressure fryer. That's what a serious chicken place uses. It's the balls.

On 8/20/2021 at 7:47 PM, French Collection said:

I am not a wing person either. I’ve had maybe 20 in my lifetime. I’ve never had any from Buffalo so…

I don’t like ribs much either, I think it’s because like wings there is more bone than meat.

Clearly not a fan of the bone 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.