GDT: 2021 NHL Draft Round 2, Saturday 7/24/2021, 11am EST

WildCard

I’m still struggling with the fact we just picked 6 consecutive wingers in the space of a little over two rounds.

Don’t bother telling me they were doing anything other than taking the highest player of their list, especially after taking wingers with their top two picks last year.

Also, 7 picks, but not a single American, let alone USNDTP player?

Talk about crushing the stereotypes.

5 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I’m still struggling with the fact we just picked 6 consecutive wingers in the space of a little over two rounds.

Don’t bother telling me they were doing anything other than taking the highest player of their list, especially after taking wingers with their top two picks last year.

Also, 7 picks, but not a single American, let alone USNDTP player?

Talk about crushing the stereotypes.

Then it's a different/odd list like we were saying that is ranking wingers highly for some reason - I doubt they take 6 in a row with it being a coincidence. So it kinda goes both ways. Crushing the stereotypes yes and at the same time this draft has a stereotype haha

Coverage on tv is actually getting funnier as these guys start going off script 

Edited by Thorny

19 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Then it's a different/odd list like we were saying that is ranking wingers highly for some reason - I doubt they take 6 in a row with it being a coincidence. So it kinda goes both ways. Crushing the stereotypes yes and at the same time this draft has a stereotype haha

Coverage on tv is actually getting funnier as these guys start going off script 

Building a team from the wings in is a common strategy, I think?

1 minute ago, jad1 said:

Building a team from the wings in is a common strategy, I think?

Worked for Winnipeg I guess to an extent. 

If Cozens and Mittelstadt top out close to their ceilings they'd be a good top 6 centre due I think. It's just not a bet you want to make with no other centre backing and currently that's the way it is. 

Adams hasn't added the prospect depth necessary to turn it into a "good" bet, in my opinion, yet, but there's still the Eichel deal for major shoes to drop. 

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Worked for Winnipeg I guess to an extent. 

If Cozens and Mittelstadt top out close to their ceilings they'd be a good top 6 centre due I think. It's just not a bet you want to make with no other centre backing and currently that's the way it is. 

Adams hasn't added the prospect depth necessary to turn it into a "good" bet, in my opinion, yet, but there's still the Eichel deal for major shoes to drop. 

Yeah, they just took another winger.  Hard to imagine what the center position looks like in Rochester over the next few years.

The Red Wings look like their building from the net out.  Not the most exciting strategy, but it makes sense.

Elite prospects calls him a winger too…😂

The only thing I can thing of is Kim called in the marketing department in a panic and said this city needs a team it can identify with. Work with the hockey department to make it happen.

And somebody said “well, Buffalo is known for its wings…”

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Elite prospects calls him a winger too…😂

The only thing I can thing of is Kim called in the marketing department in a panic and said this city needs a team it can identify with. Work with the hockey department to make it happen.

And somebody said “well, Buffalo is known for its wings…”

Listed as a C on nhl.com but ya I think winger is his main position from most sources. Wouldn't be relevant to addressing C system at this stage really anyways but it's still kinda crazy we've gone, what, 8 wingers in a row now? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.