EURO 2020 (actually 2021)

Sabres Fan in NS

8 minutes ago, steveoath said:

Disappointing to go in 1 down. Relying too much on Andy Robertson on the left. We need a bit more creativity on the opposite side.

Not a terrible first half.

A few minor adjustments and we are there.

It appears that there is not a traditional host nation this time around.  Is this a COVID thing?

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

It appears that there is not a traditional host nation this time around.  Is this a COVID thing?

No. It was suggested by Michel Platini to celebrate 60 years of the Euro Championships but got postponed from last summer due to COVID.

• Thanks (+1) 1

In a bit of a stunner (?) Portugal 3 - Hungary 0.

Any side that has CR7 is still a formitable side.  They are Euro holders for a reason.

CR7 scored on a penalty to become the top goal scorer in Euro history with 10.

France and Germany up next.  I suspect some shenanigans in this one and expect a nil - nil draw, which will virtually guarantee both will advance to the Group of 16 stage.

De Bruyne is a real trooper.

Substituted in to start the second half with Belguim trailing Denmark 1 - 0. 

This only about 2 weeks after he broke his nose and eye soccet in Champions League final.

Assisted on Begium first goal and scored the winner.

Begium moves on to the 16.

3 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

De Bruyne is a real trooper.

Substituted in to start the second half with Belguim trailing Denmark 1 - 0. 

This only about 2 weeks after he broke his nose and eye soccet in Champions League final.

Assisted on Begium first goal and scored the winner.

Begium moves on to the 16.

we sucked, but when you add Hazard, De Bruyne and Witsel even at 50% they do something.

• Thanks (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

we sucked, but when you add Hazard, De Bruyne and Witsel even at 50% they do something.

I think your guys were toying with them and knew what it takes to make it through.  I don't know how far Belgium will go, but I expect a quarterfinal.

+++++

Big match in prime time tomorrow that I am looking forward to ... Scotland and England.  GO SCOTLAND!!  MUST WIN!!

24 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I think your guys were toying with them and knew what it takes to make it through.  I don't know how far Belgium will go, but I expect a quarterfinal.

+++++

Big match in prime time tomorrow that I am looking forward to ... Scotland and England.  GO SCOTLAND!!  MUST WIN!!

Well we will not have stolen the final if we get there.    Most likely we'll get Germany, Italy and France along the way.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, steveoath said:

A good point. Can't wait for Tuesday. 

A draw against England is a good result.  You guys have a good chance against Croatia.  They have not looked good this time around.  They were finalist in the last WC.

The goal differential may come back to haunt you.