EURO 2020 (actually 2021)

Sabres Fan in NS

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

The Swiss are through on penalties (5 - 4) in the first major upset of this Euro.

They came back from 3 - 1 with goals in the 80th and 90th minutes.

Yeah I said the swiss are hard to beat, that penatly miss nearly killed them though.

But as for me saying Spain can't score, they are growing in this tournament, and playing nice combination football.

As for our game against portugal -  Our defense was ok but we didn't deserve the win.

That being said, the referee was really bad, portugal was allowed to kick us of the field, I knew it would be hard fought game.

• Like (+1) 1

Ok I missed on Sweden too

Let me try this again.

Friday 2 July

QF1: Switzerland vs Spain (18:00, St Petersburg)  2-4
QF2: Belgium vs Italy (21:00, Munich) 2-1  ( Going to be rough game probably without Debruyne and Hazard)  

Saturday 3 July

QF3: Czech Republic vs Denmark (18:00, Baku) 1-2
QF4: Ukraine vs England (21:00, Rome) 1-4

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I like your picks, but I think that Italy will pull it off against you guys, sorry.

I had picked Italy from the start.

we'll see, depends on our break outs being succesful.

Thielemans is a good player in Leicester , but he doesn't connect with Lukaku well.   Hope our coach puts in Jeremy Doku.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

The score holds.

Sorry @Huckleberry

yeah bit gutted, but when you start with your main players injured and to be honest was at work didn't watch a single minute.

Some say we deserved more but I guess it was a pretty even game.   We got one more shot then our defense and this generation is done.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

yeah bit gutted, but when you start with your main players injured and to be honest was at work didn't watch a single minute.

Some say we deserved more but I guess it was a pretty even game.   We got one more shot then our defense and this generation is done.

You guys did play pretty well, but the possession numbers don't tell the whole story.  If not for the defenders ass in the way, by luck, you would have drawn late.

I think you guys probably have 2 shots left ... WC in 2022 and EURO in 2024, although that is 3 years from now, so maybe you are right.

2 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

You guys did play pretty well, but the possession numbers don't tell the whole story.  If not for the defenders ass in the way, by luck, you would have drawn late.

I think you guys probably have 2 shots left ... WC in 2022 and EURO in 2024, although that is 3 years from now, so maybe you are right.

Verthongen and Vermaelen are 34 and 33 , doubt they last until 2024.   We do have some kids coming up, but the gap between this and their generation is to big.

• Thanks (+1) 1