OT - I just fired someone with my fly down the whole time

inkman

OT-Is firing an employees with the barn door open acceptable?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Is firing an employee with your fly down acceptable

• Total boss move
    • Kinky inky at it again
    • Who cares
    • It's an open invitation to save your job

@inkman  You might want to patent the phrase and where instead of adding "in bed" to the end of Chines Fortune cookie, you add.....'With your fly down'.    Some examples below:

• Don’t pursue happiness – create it.....with your fly down. 
  • Nothing is impossible to a willing heart.....with your fly down. 
  • Big journeys begin with a single step......with your fly down. 
  • Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still.......with your fly down. 
  • Your road to glory will be rocky, but fulfilling......with your fly down. 
  • The best way to get rid of an enemy is to make a friend.....with your fly down. 
  • Haha (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

I think we need a few more details...

I had to counsel a female employee about PO.  I didn't know what PO was until then (well, not as a term).  It went well but eye contact with her was uncomfortable for a long, long while.

53 minutes ago, Tondas said:

I had to counsel a female employee about PO.  I didn't know what PO was until then (well, not as a term).  It went well but eye contact with her was uncomfortable for a long, long while.

I just don't see any possible way that could go "well".

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tondas said:

No, this was a professional office profession (not that I would have minded to work in a strip club in my 20's).  Several employees complained.  HR was, "Whatever you decide is fine with us."  Saying all this, my office of 12 was all female.  There may have been some shenanigans/jealousy/pettiness involved.  But I was 29.  I did the best I could. 

Tondas at work at 29

tenor-1.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Indabuff said:

I just don't see any possible way that could go "well".

Well. I did not get fired, was not accused of harassment and served no jail time.  I say that went well!

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

So glad I did not become a supervisor in my 20's ?    

Dude, firing your friend's dad who is old enough to be your dad, when you're 28, ***** sucks! And then he thanks you for the opportunity...man! Hurts! And then still managing his son. Sucks!

On 6/3/2020 at 9:06 PM, ubkev said:

Dude, firing your friend's dad who is old enough to be your dad, when you're 28, ***** sucks! And then he thanks you for the opportunity...man! Hurts! And then still managing his son. Sucks!

Wow.  I've managed people for 30 years, and never had a situation like that.  Kudos to you, that had to be gut wrenching.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.