GDT: Sabres at Vancouver 12/07/19 4 pm EST

bob_sauve28

11 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Watching the repeat this morning on Sportsnet......

Hutton - I said from the time they signed him that he hasn't shown enough to be a #1 goalie, he only had one season where he played close to a full season as a starter.

Tanking is not an answer, and you can't just decide to tank and then build a team that will continue to be a contender for years, no team is built on just young prospects from your system. When you have the ability to make your team better, you do it no matter if your not making the playoffs or a player doesn't fit their development time.

Myers gets his first goal with the Canucks playing against the Sabres, Lucic gets his first goal as a Flame against the Sabres (the eventual winner) and I'm calling Kassian in his return to the Oilers lineup gets the winner tonight, just because.....

This kind of stuff has been absolutely uncanny.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Place your stick between an opponent's legs in that situation at your peril. The "my bad/it wasn't me" arm raise wasn't particularly smart, either.

Most guys don't know they're high-sticking their opponent either, and yet it's still a penalty. You can't trip the guy who's the primary guy in a position to stop the guy with the puck in 3v3 OT, accidentally or not 

44 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

We're in a playoff spot RIGHT NOW.

the flash wtf GIF by The Paley Center for Media

Nope. If the season ended today for some reason, they would adjust to use points percentage and rank the teams like that. We're 11th in the east in points percentage, and would not be in any playoff spot, our position there now is purely because we've played as many as 3 or 4 more games than teams like Tampa

Edited by Randall Flagg

8 hours ago, Kristian said:

PP is too easy to figure out. 

Umbrella setup, only shooters are Olofsson and Jack.

On BOTH units. Point guy never shoots, and the 2nd unit can’t play anywhere near quick enough to play that setup.

Any 10-year old can defend against it, when they try the same every. Single. Time.

It's true. I'd also add that I find they don't know where each other are enough. You watch good power plays and they make fast blind passes and the other guy knows where to go or where to move to - good rotation. Also need more one timers with a big body in front for screens and rebounds. Olofsson was at his best early on when he just let it fly. Now he hesitates and thinks too much and it slows it down. 

7 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Most guys don't know they're high-sticking their opponent either, and yet it's still a penalty. You can't trip the guy who's the primary guy in a position to stop the guy with the puck in 3v3 OT, accidentally or not 

Nope. If the season ended today for some reason, they would adjust to use points percentage and rank the teams like that. We're 11th in the east in points percentage, and would not be in any playoff spot, our position there now is purely because we've played as many as 3 or 4 more games than teams like Tampa

10th in the East, but yes 

The annual tour up to the Vancouver system was another entertaining game. After reading the thread, there's not much to tell. I'm not much more than an interpreter, and not very good at doing game summaries.

The Canucks warmed up in their horrid Vs before donning those sweet tilted skates. I heart the tilted skates. Good memories of falling in love with hockey via the Russian Rocket. With the Sabres in white and the Canucks in their skates it was a throwback to a Sabres home game. And it was a fun '80s afternoon. We got Rick-Rolled repeatedly. We had all '80s tunes except for one instance of Arcade Fire. The Canucks Love Boat TV spot was fun. We did the wave for...ever.... And the audience was pleased as punch after the music cut out and we continued to sing along with A-Ha's Take On Me to finish out the chorus. Really young crowd given the start time, some nice homages to their '80s lineup, and overall great energy in the arena. (6 home goals helps) Oh? The game?

The first period was super sluggish. Obviously the Sabres were out on the town before the game (as I was after the game) getting some fine, fine sushi and sake. And man oh man, we're even softer in person than we are on TV. You don't have to run people or be useless thugs, you can just finish checks and battle for pucks along the walls.

Mitts drew a penalty but his line was targeted by the Canucks' coaching staff. Mitts needs seasoning! He needed seasoning last year and especially after last year.

The Sabres got a string of power plays to the fans' ire, but only managed the one nice Golofsson snipe.

Every mistake we made (Scandella's whiff, Hutton's save right to the middle of the ice, etc.) ended up in our net. Our goals were solid deflections. What else?

Until next season, at Vancouver!

Edits:

Sooooo many guys tossed from the faceoff dot. I'm surprised the fans didn't start to get on the refs more for that.

Helmetless Tanev is one greasy-looking dude.

Larscheiders section 325 was having a lot of fun, like a good European hockey game or a Sounders soccer match

Edited by DarthEbriate

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.