GDT: 11/1/19 Buffalo at Washington, 7:00 pm ET, MSG, NHL & WGR 550

That Aud Smell

11 hours ago, Skibum said:

Maybe I'm nuts, but I didn't think it was as bad as the score indicated. The Sabres had a ton of chances in the 1st, and 30 shots on the game, but they just couldn't put any of them home. It didn't seem like they were "on their heels" at any point. They just played atrocious defense for a grand total of about 40 seconds, and the Caps took full advantage of every little lapse. 

Yeah kind of, I think Holtby played great last night but I thought it was fairly even, I mean Wash is better but Holtby was great lat night.

20 hours ago, Thorny said:

Our strength is the PP and we should be on it. 

Things my wife never says for $1000 Alex

20 hours ago, hockeyhound said:

Reality is a hard pill to swallow.

Sometimes Reality Bites which is way worse 

Edited by inkman
  • Haha (+1) 1

I’m glad I didn’t go to this game since j live in the DMV.  I’m replaying the WGR recap and 3 out of 6 caps goals I heard Dalin’s name. I know he’s young and he’s still growing (blah blah blah).  I expect better Defense out of a #1 defenseman draft pick. He’s concentrating more on his offense than defense

58 minutes ago, Sidc3000 said:

I’m glad I didn’t go to this game since j live in the DMV.  I’m replaying the WGR recap and 3 out of 6 caps goals I heard Dalin’s name. I know he’s young and he’s still growing (blah blah blah).  I expect better Defense out of a #1 defenseman draft pick. He’s concentrating more on his offense than defense

That's the reason he's a number 1 pick.

23 minutes ago, ... said:

I remember reading an article once about Karlsson. He was putting up the offensive numbers but defensively he was not that good. His coach (not sure which one) told him to try concentrating on his defensive game and that the offensive opportunities will still come. It mostly worked for him. By trying to force the play instead of waiting for the opportunities to happen creates turnovers. Timing is the key.

Players get sat for two reasons:

* The coach is trying to send a “get with the program” message to the player or the team.

* They aren’t one of the best 18 skaters.

Who thinks that Dahlin is not trying, or not listening? And why do you think that?

Who thinks that Dahlin is not one of our six best D? And why do you think that?

Not rhetorical, I’m legitimately asking.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ... said:

Yes, he was #1 because he could score and make plays.  I guess I was crazy thinking he actually could also play the position he's been playing most of  his life, defense.  Not be a ridiculous defensive liability.  I know, defensemen take a long time to develop their skills and I'm just frustrated that it seems like he is causing more goals and opportunities for the other team than he is for the Sabres right now

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.