NFL 2018-19

Eleven

Is this "commenting and having a laugh" about a WH visit?  Or is it simply using the WH visit as a pretext to vent one's political views?

These are strident political opinions that are off-putting to half the country and are far removed from "having a laugh over a weird tweetstorm."

Nah, it's all just locker-room talk.

I'll lock the thread if you all want or leave it open if you all want or leave the decision to someone else.

I don't think Scott is going to change his mind on this subject, but if he does, I think the best course of action might be:

Have a separate subforum dedicated to politics.

All politics chat goes in this new subforum.

All politics chat is banned from The Aud Club.

You have to be logged into the site for the politics subforum to even be visible.

No ad hominem attacks.  Keep things civil.

How many complaints did those posts receive from forum members? 

Does the moderator complaining to himself count?

I have no problem with talking about something that in a thread if it is a part of that topic.  It has gotten beyond annoying though watching people whine about this issue of political conversation in what seems like every single thread.  Whether or not I agree with the decision to shut that stuff down is not important.  That decision was made by SDS (or his proxies) and that's how it is.  People need to accept that and stop whining about it constantly.  No matter how many times people throw around the word censorship or anything that, it will never change the fact that this is not a democracy.  There's only one person who has the ultimate say in how things go.  Everyone else is his guest.

:thumbsup:

If by once every few months is "constantly" then sure. But I'm sure SDS and the mods knew that when they decided to shut it down that this issue would pop up from time to time. Anyway, about 95% of your problem would be solved if you just ignored Liger ;)