Rasmus Asplund Signed to ELC

Brawndo

I thought Larsson was finding his game during the 2016-17 season prior to the arm injury.  I think that affected him quite a bit this past year.  I like to think with a proper off-season to train and not deal with an injury he could come back in October rejuvenated and ready to go.

Larsson does some things real well. Good along the boards, back checks well, but if he can't score then he is just of not much use. When he started he was bad along the boards but scored some goals. I hope he can get that scoring touch back. 

Larsson does some things real well. Good along the boards, back checks well, but if he can't score then he is just of not much use. When he started he was bad along the boards but scored some goals. I hope he can get that scoring touch back.

Wasn't he getting 2nd line minutes and playing with top 6 personnel at that time?

Can't believe there are Larsson apologists.     The guy is not an NHL player.... "he's good along the wall and back checks well"... yeah, so are several thousand players who aren't in the NHL.   

Can't believe there are Larsson apologists.     The guy is not an NHL player.... "he's good along the wall and back checks well"... yeah, so are several thousand players who aren't in the NHL.   

I don't see apologists. I see takes ranging from "He's bad, but is 2 skills away from being a good 4th liner" to "he was finding his game two years ago".

Nobody's calling him an All Star, and nobody has even called him a decent hockey player.

I'm a Larry Apologist! I like his leisure suits and that catchy theme song.

For a couple seasons, Larsson was solid with Foligno and Gionta as a dependable 3rd line (definitely our most consistent line). He got under people's skin and tied Eichel for team lead in 2015-16 with 5 GWG. So… graded out as a B for what was expected of him. Since then, he's had a really awful arm injury (I'm not sure he fully recovered from that, he was not the same player last season) and a new system that emphasizes speed. He's definitely on his way out from our roster (Mittelstadt and Asplund will push him out this year... and of course Tavares), but he'll be fine as a 4C somewhere in the league for a few more seasons (depending on the arm). Not every team is overhauling just for speed.

Let's go, Asplund!

More like Larsson

Or is it Larrson?

Lars' son? No. We're stepbrothers.

Edited by DarthEbriate

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.