The Reckoning: Botterill's Off-Season

LGR4GM

I’m with Wild on this one, I do not want to give up assets, although I will admit for,Karlsson it’s awfully tempting.

Botterill is on record saying he wants to build through the draft and doesn’t what to part with the assets for teams are looking to acquire in exchange for immediate help

It ###### sucks that Jack is playing on a last place team three years into his career, but GMTM traded 1sts to accelerate things and here we are.

I don't want to keep wasting years of Jack's career waiting for players to develop.

What Brawndo said. We can either do this right or we can try and accelerate it again with the same results.

Hmmm...

Karlsson - Scandella

Risto - Dahlin

Guhle - McCabe

Not a bad blueline if we win the lottery and somehow entice Karlsson that hockey heaven really does exist.

It really doesn't seem too far fetched at all that this could happen.

Edited by Ross Rhea

There is absolutely not a guarantee that Dahlin ever becomes even 75% of Karlsson, a player that is historically great at offense from his position.

That said, the age difference is big. And Dahlin looks amazing.

I'll take that chance. Further, I don't need him to equal Karlsson offensively if he's better defensively. Edited by Skurk Liger

There is absolutely not a guarantee that Dahlin ever becomes even 75% of Karlsson, a player that is historically great at offense from his position.

That said, the age difference is big. And Dahlin looks amazing.

All that is true. And, that trade could very well be a Nieuwendyk for Iginla. Based on where the Sabres are today age wise, would rather have Dahlin. But that's a real tough call because we KNOW what Karlsson is & Dahlin is just an impressive truckload of potential at present.

Yea Connor Mcdavid was a truckload of potential about 3 years ago.

No. McDavid was more of a sure thing than Crosby. He was right up there w/ Lemieux in terms of not missing.

And Dahlin is the defensive equivalent

Right, Dahlin is about the most sure thing you'll ever have in a defensive prospect, and close to in regards to an overall prospect. He's being called the McDavid of the blue line for a reason

Dahlin might be called the defensive McDavid loosely but he's not that tier of prospect. 

I'm not convinced he would have gone above Doughty or Hedman. 

I'd be happy to see him end up as good as Seth Jones (who is amazing, not a slight to him)

That's hardly "good enough" for a McDavid.

No, he's not.

Dahlin might be called the defensive McDavid loosely but he's not that tier of prospect. 

I'd be happy to see him end up as good as Seth Jones (who is amazing, not a slight to him)

Thank you.

Fine he's the Eichel equivalent. That more comfortable for you?

Seth Jones? Are you serious? They aren't in the same tier at all.

Fine he's the Eichel equivalent. That more comfortable for you?

Seth Jones? Are you ###### serious? They aren't in the same tier at all.

Yes, and Jack is about the 40th best offensive player in the league 3 years in, the season that corresponds to Karlsson's first Norris trophy as best defenseman in the world. 

Not Seth Jones the prospect, Seth Jones right now, a guy who is outperforming his prospect status, a guy who will get Norris votes this season and has a chance at winning one or two throughout his career.

Edited by Randall Flagg

Yes, and Jack is about the 40th best offensive player in the league 3 years in, the season that corresponds to Karlsson's first Norris trophy as best defenseman in the world.

Not Seth Jones the prospect, Seth Jones right now, a guy who is outperforming his prospect status, a guy who will get Norris votes this season and has a chance at winning one or two throughout his career.

I'm telling you point blank Rasmus Dahlin is in a tier about Seth Jones.

Jack Eichel plays on the most disorganized pile of team in the league and still scored the most points of any sabre since 2012 while missing 15 games and dragging the husk of Pommers around the ice.

Edited by Skurk Liger

You can't know that until he plays in the same league. 

I agree that his tier as a prospect is higher. I'm saying that I would be thrilled to draft Dahlin and have him look like Jones does now at the corresponding age. We would all be thrilled because we'd be looking at a guy with the potential to be the best D in franchise history, and we'd have years of watching him in the NHL prove it, not conjecture based on SHL games that none of us have actually seen. 

Edited by Randall Flagg

Jack Eichel plays on the most disorganized pile of ###### team in the league and still scored the most points of any sabre since 2012 while missing 15 games and dragging the husk of Pommers around the ice.

There's a huge ####ing gap between Seth Jones & Bobby Orr. Saying Dahlin is the defensive McDavid is nearly equivalent to saying he'll be Orr. Not ####ing happening.

When their careers are reviewed, Dahlin will probably have been better than Jones. But it is not a given at this point.

Would say Dahlin is more of a MacKinnon level prospect. Which is concensus #1 pick & likely to be an all star. But FAR from a lock for being a HoFer.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.