22 members have voted

1. 1. Besides Kane, Who Else does Jbot Trade

2. 2. When Does the Kane Deal Go Down

• Today Friday, 2/23
    • Saturday
    • Sunday
    • Monday Morning
    • Monday Late
  3. 3. Who, if anyone, will Jbot Acquire?

• Ben Hutton
    • Max Domi
    • Tanner Pearson
    • Other
    • No one beside who we get back in other deals

So besides Kane who else is getting traded?  With the injuries on D, I'm not sure anyone on the backend is getting traded unless someone desperately wants Gorges.

What is anyone worth?

1) Kane - it looks like a 2nd and a good prospect.  If Jbot gets more then this I'll be surprised.  I'd actually rather have 2 good close to NHL prospects.

2) Lehner - same as Mrazek; a 3rd and a 4th (2019) and a goalie.  Likely better to wait til summer

3) Josefson, Gorges, Falk, etc...  a 5th or 6th.  

4) Larsson - a 3rd or medium prospect, maybe a bottom 6 D in a hockey type trade

5) Reinhart - not happening, but if something crazy came up?  I would think a high end NHL ready D plus a pick or two (including a 1st) would be the only enticement.

6) Nylander - also not happening, but would likely want a top 10 pick

7)  Johnson - a 4th rd pick

8) Pouliot - a 3rd or 4th

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

So besides Kane who else is getting traded?  With the injuries on D, I'm not sure anyone on the backend is getting traded unless someone desperately wants Gorges.

What is anyone worth?

1) Kane - it looks like a 2nd and a good prospect.  If Jbot gets more then this I'll be surprised.  I'd actually rather have 2 good close to NHL prospects.

2) Lehner - same as Mrazek; a 3rd and a 4th (2019) and a goalie.  Likely better to wait til summer

4) Larsson - a 3rd or medium prospect, maybe a bottom 6 D in a hockey type trade

5) Reinhart - not happening, but if something crazy came up?  I would think a high end NHL ready D plus a pick or two (including a 1st) would be the only enticement.

Kane should bring more than Grabner, no?

Kane should bring more than Grabner, no?

Interesting question.  Grabner is older and even more of a one trick pony.  His trade certainly set the minimum price for Kane.  It might come down to the quality of the prospect.  Rykov, the prospect in the Grabner trade, is a big D and a former 2016 late round pick.  He currently plays in the KHL.  Sounds like a medium grade prospect, but I don't know for sure.  

I think Kane is worth a 1st and higher end prospect, but Jbot can only get what he can get.

Interesting question.  Grabner is older and even more of a one trick pony.  His trade certainly set the minimum price for Kane.  It might come down to the quality of the prospect.  Rykov, the prospect in the Grabner trade, is a big D and a former 2016 late round pick.  He currently plays in the KHL.  Sounds like a medium grade prospect, but I don't know for sure.  

I think Kane is worth a 1st and higher end prospect, but Jbot can only get what he can get.

To me Jbot should reasonably be able to go to another GM and say "they gave THAT for Grabner, so you have to go higher than that". 1st and a decent prospect seems doable.

What is anyone worth?

I think Kane and Pouliot will be traded, and don't expect anyone else to be (although there's always hope).

I also think no one would offer the proposed values in #2, 4, 5, 6 or 7 above.

I think Kane and Pouliot will be traded, and don't expect anyone else to be (although there's always hope).

I also think no one would offer the proposed values in #2, 4, 5, 6 or 7 above.

More or less?  Guys like Jerabek, a Falk type defenseman, are going for 5th rd picks.  I'd say a full time roster player is worth that or more.  24 year old smallish winger Soshnikov, who couldn't crack the Leafs lineup and has mediocre stats in the AHL, went for a 4th.   Small center depth Vatrano went for a 3rd.  I'd say Larsson, who has another year left at a small salary is worth at least what Vatrano is worth.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

My predictions are that the returns we receive will be bordering on the whelmed/underwhelmed.

Kane is going to be gone. I hope Gorges gets moved but I'm not sure considering his cap hit.

I'm interested to see if any of these trades will be part of bigger packages. I can see Pouliot, a handful of prospects in Rochester, and draft picks being swapped around.

There's nothing I want more than to see Lehner get traded but I don't know why any GM would want to trade for him.

I've added another poll question.  The Fourth Period say we are in the mix for Domi, Hutton, and Pearson.  While all might fit here, is Jbot really going to be a seller and a buyer at the deadline?  It actually sounds plausible.  During Jbot's time in Pitt they often tried to improve their teams both short and long-term at the deadline.  Chris Kunitz is the obvious example.  Based on this history, I wouldn't be surprised if Jbot completes an acquistion or two by the deadline in addition to what he gets back when he trades away guys like Kane and Pouliot.

I've added another poll question.  The Fourth Period say we are in the mix for Domi, Hutton, and Pearson.  While all might fit here, is Jbot really going to be a seller and a buyer at the deadline?  It actually sounds plausible.  During Jbot's time in Pitt they often tried to improve their teams both short and long-term at the deadline.  Chris Kunitz is the obvious example.  Based on this history, I wouldn't be surprised if Jbot completes an acquistion or two by the deadline in addition to what he gets back when he trades away guys like Kane and Pouliot.

He should be looking at younger guys under control or veterans who still have term on their contracts. Basically anyone who can help us beyond this shart of a season.

I'd hope to bring in some actual talent and not just draft picks. Nobody has the patience to wait for another crop of draft picks to pan out. Murray really us with his asset management.

Any chance of dumping the contracts of Moulson, Bogosian, or Pominville?

Anything is possible. Doubtful but possible. You might have a better chance of moving one of them over the summer after the cap goes up. Pommers is the most possible, but we’d have to eat to much contract to get it done now.

I could see JBot wanting to buy, I just don’t think he has the currency to do anything significant.

Doubt he’s going to move anyone we think of as core at the deadline. Those are offseason moves.

Nylander maybe?

Other then draft picks and whatever we get for Kane.  I actually wouldn't mind give up a 2nd and say Bailey for someone line Pearson

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.