Randy Sexton on ESPN Rochester

Brawndo

http://www.espnrochester.com/media/audio-channel/sports-bar-hour-2-randy-sexton

Starts at 16:00.

Highlights

Stressed the importance of development of young players in Rochester.

Doesn’t want to create a vacuum of talent in Rochester when the Sabres make trades

Having discussions with teams daily about possible trades.

Teams still trying to figure out what they are doing. Over the next 30 days firm offers and asks will start coming in and going out

Believes players will get an opportunity in Buffalo for some games.

On Players such as Kane who are going to moved, believes that keeping player and agent in the loop

Haven’t ruled out a possibility of Gionta joining the organization, stating the door may be open. Enjoys the effect he has on the team.

Praises Ullmark states he wasn’t upset about the losing a shutout told Chris Taylor he is more concerned about winning. Sexton describes he as a steady rock in goal.

Likes the chemistry in room and although he is looking to improve the team he doesn’t want to hurt that

Moulson won’t be anywhere near Rochester.

Probably a bit early to discuss one and done with Casey, but if continues to progress at the rapid rate that he has, they will have a conversation with Casey and his Family. Not to put any pressure on Casey but he is an outstanding prospect he embodies everything that we believe a player needs to bring on The ice but more importantly he embodies everything it means to be a Sabre off the ice in his character, work ethic, personality and he believes they he has just scratched the surface of his potential.

Likes the depth of the 2018 Draft in particular for Sabres Organization who is looking to build depth. Says there are a few high end players as well

Says the Amerks are ahead of schedule and that the players have bought in and love it in Rochester

Says he took the job with Buffalo because he likes the challenge and he likes to build. Says the pieces are in place to be successful here. Need to find the right types of players through the draft, trades and free agency.

I believe it was Ink that first mentioned them, but Danger And Battaglia are light years ahead of the GR Afternoon Show

Edited by Brawndo

Haven’t ruled out a possibility of Gionta joining the organization, stating the door may be open. Enjoys the effect he has on the team.

I'm assuming this means Rochester for a Calder Cup run, but Gionta was on this morning on the Stellick and Simmer show and said after the Olympics he would love to return to the NHL but he would only do it with a Cup contender. I'm guessing if no NHL teams call, this means Amerks door would be open.

http://www.espnrochester.com/media/audio-channel/sports-bar-hour-2-randy-sexton

Starts at 16:00.

Highlights

Stressed the importance of development of young players in Rochester.

Doesn’t want to create a vacuum of talent in Rochester when the Sabres make trades

Having discussions with teams daily about possible trades.

Teams still trying to figure out what they are doing. Over the next 30 days firm offers and asks will start coming in and going out

Believes players will get an opportunity in Buffalo for some games.

On Players such as Kane who are going to moved, believes that keeping player and agent in the loop

Praises Ullmark states he wasn’t upset about the losing a shutout told Chris Taylor he is more concerned about winning. Sexton describes he as a steady rock in goal.

Likes the chemistry in room and although he is looking to improve the team he doesn’t want to hurt that

Moulson won’t be anywhere near Rochester.

Probably a bit early to discuss one and done with Casey, but if continues to progress at the rapid rate that he has, they will have a conversation with Casey and his Family. Not to put any pressure on Casey but he is an outstanding prospect he embodies everything that we believe a player needs to bring on The ice but more importantly he embodies everything it means to be a Sabre off the ice in his character, work ethic, personality and he believes they he has just scratched the surface of his potential.

Likes the depth of the 2018 Draft in particular for Sabres Organization who is looking to build depth. Says there are a few high end players as well

Says the Amerks are ahead of schedule and that the players have bought in and love it in Rochester

Says he took the job with Buffalo because he likes the challenge and he likes to build. Says the pieces are in place to be successful here. Need to find the right types of players through the draft, trades and free agency.

I believe it was Ink that first mentioned them, but Danger And Battaglia are light years ahead of the GR Afternoon Show

There's an ESPN Rochester?

Good listen, so much positive.

I'm assuming this means Rochester for a Calder Cup run, but Gionta was on this morning on the Stellick and Simmer show and said after the Olympics he would love to return to the NHL but he would only do it with a Cup contender. I'm guessing if no NHL teams call, this means Amerks door would be open.

I thought it sorta sounded like a eulogy re Gionta.  And paired with the comment about "special chemistry" they currently have with this group I don't think he's back.  If he lights up the olympics maybe, but if he looks old and slow, no thanks. 

He’s too short to fit the moose costume.

The moose and I have a long standing rift

http://twitter.com/inkman2000/status/428682851123757056?s=09

:w00t:

Not really pathetic as much as setting yourself up to be disappointed

If the Sabres didn't make me feel disappointed, I wouldn't feel anything atoll.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.