2017 SabreSpace Goal of the Year — Bylsma Conference vs. Housley Conference

PASabreFan

Eight nominations from the Bylsma portion of the year and eight from the Housley portion. It'll be 1 vs. 8, 2 vs. 7 etc.

The two conference champions will face off for our second GOTY. As a reminder, Eichel's last second overtime goal was the 2016 GOTY.

Voting will begin at 8 tonight and run until 8 on Monday night.

Just to be clear, the voting for the first round runs until 8 tonight. Then we proceed.

There are two upsets looming so far. Risto's goal, a 7 seed in the Housley Conference, is slightly ahead of Kane's tying goal in Vegas. In the Disco, Glasshole, a 6 seed, is up on Jacknado in some Eichel on Eichel action. I'd keep my eye on Glasshole.

But is there any stopping a monumental final between The Tower and The Red?

An absolutely stunning development as Ristolainen's overtime goal in New Jersey is tied with Jack's hat trick goal against Carolina!

As Dan Rather used to say, "You could fry an egg on my forehead in the Fort Worth sun!" I think he said that.

An absolutely stunning development as Ristolainen's overtime goal in New Jersey is tied with Jack's hat trick goal against Carolina!

As Dan Rather used to say, "You could fry an egg on my forehead in the Fort Worth sun!" I think he said that.

For me, it was the quality of the goal itself, not the situation of the goal.

Ayup, in a mild upset, ROR's goal defeat's Jack's.

Conference final voting to begin very soon.

ROR's Roof vs. Eichel's hat trick goal in the Wowie. And Jack's Nashville winner vs. Evander's Bury in the Disco.

Conference final voting will continue until 11 a.m. Thursday, due to the overtime voting.

CNN's John King is saying all of the urban hipster/beard/missing tooth vote should be in and the ginger votes from the suburbs have yet to come in, but the Housley Conference race is starting to smell like November 2016. Something's in the air!

The Tower looks to be breezing to the final.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.