Benoit Pouliot and value investing

GASabresIUFAN

Pouliot despite a very rough few games is now at 4g 2a 6pts +2 averaging 13 minutes a night.  He is on pace to get back to the numbers he put up for the NYR and EDM.  

if he stays on this pace he'll be the first true value signee in years.  Jbot signed him for $1,150,000 for the season.  This is exactly the type of deal I had been hoping DR and TM would do for years.  I'm not talking about a AAAA player like Falk or Griffith.  I'm talking about taking a shot on a real NHL player who you get cheap because he had a bad season in his contract year or someone who was miscast on his previous team that would work in our system.  

Deals like CBS grabbing Sam Gagner for 650K in 2016, or Pitt stealing Justin Schultz from Edm for a 3rd and then re-signing him for 1.4 in 2016. 

Jbot made three such deals; the signings of Antipin and Pouliot and the trade for Baloo,  Pouliot has exceeded expectations and seems settled in on ROR's LW.  Baloo has struggled, but given time, I think this one will also work out.  (Admittedly TM gets credit for Antipin - I guess he saw Lou bring in Zaitsev)

This is how good GMs fill holes in their rosters and build organizational depth.   

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Pouliot despite a very rough few games is now at 4g 2a 6pts +2 averaging 13 minutes a night.  He is on pace to get back to the numbers he put up for the NYR and EDM.  

if he stays on this pace he'll be the first true value signee in years.  Jbot signed him for $1,150,000 for the season.  This is exactly the type of deal I had been hoping DR and TM would do for years.  I'm not talking about a AAAA player like Falk or Griffith.  I'm talking about taking a shot on a real NHL player who you get cheap because he had a bad season in his contract year or someone who was miscast on his previous team that would work in our system.  

Deals like CBS grabbing Sam Gagner for 650K in 2016, or Pitt stealing Justin Schultz from Edm for a 3rd and then re-signing him for 1.4 in 2016. 

Jbot made three such deals; the signings of Antipin and Pouliot and the trade for Baloo,  Pouliot has exceeded expectations and seems settled in on ROR's LW.  Baloo has struggled, but given time, I think this one will also work out.  (Admittedly TM gets credit for Antipin - I guess he saw Lou bring in Zaitsev)

This is how good GMs fill holes in their rosters and build organizational depth.   

Me too! I like him. Ok, maybe I have a guy crush on him, but that's besides the point. The kid can skate and make nice passes. The brain farts are tough, but he makes up for it on plays where he skates the puck out of the zone 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.